Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    Might just do a couple of laps in the sun. does them good to start up and get the oil round and the system charged.

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Been shopping... My local shop is having a sale..and also offered 20% off everything if you took a street for a test ride.... We wrangled the discount voucher and had a spend up....
    My mate bought his street an R&G rear end...we fitted it today looks smart...
    So I went out and bought the Speed the R&G rear end and also a full set of Dunlop RoadSmarts II...will be removing the super corsas to sell....
    Saved £20 off R&G and £50 off tyres.... Happy days...

• Like Like x 3
  3. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Went for a ride of to Matlock with the wife, had a coffee & a cake then a little wander about. Then went into Matlock Bath, werent many bikes about so kept on going through into Nottingham then home. Done about 150+ miles in total but it was bloody freezing!

• Like Like x 3
  4. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Yes Screwball it's your fault!!! Can't wait!!:upyeah:

5. Batey74

Batey74 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    Just fitted my new sat nav.... Just need some decent weather to use it.. image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    You went past me in Matlock Bath, can't miss the two tone upholstery & the B&W plate. I took a run over the back road to Matlock the bike was filthy when I got there, still plenty of snow in the hills, but was able to sit outside in the sun & have a coffee

• Like Like x 2
  7. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    picked mine up and rode it home..:biggrin: best part of 250 miles, most of it in the dark...lets just say it was a tad chilly :eek: wife said the car temp thing was reading in the minus most of the way home. Explains the frozen neck warmer and frosty beard :tongue: On the plus side I LOVE MY NEW TRIDENT...:biggrin: (i would of killed for heated grips though..)

• Like Like x 4
  8. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Welcome to the dark side! Devil.gif

Devil.gif

9. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    @ Jonny - I have to say after this winter I am seriously thinking of heated grips....
    Congrats on the bike and getting her home safely... :upyeah:

@ Bry - where did the devil come from?? :frown:

10. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    :eek: All these long distance rides in this weather.! my garage door dont open until 10 degrees ..... think its sticking a bit.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    When I used my bike for work i used to have heated grips , bar muffs and winter gloves.. Still got cold hands :frown:
    I don't like the cold......

12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Snap.... You got it plumbed in for power as well?
    Everyone is getting the 350.... The only thing I don't like is when you create a route it saves it in your favourites... So each waypoint becomes a favourite.... Kind of ruins the idea of favourite section I think...

13. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Up early today, couldnt sleep so got the America out the mancave & gave her a quick wipe down to remove the salt & road grime after yesterdays run over to Matlock. Buffed up the chrome & polished the paintwork.... Happy days! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  14. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    The first thing I did when I got home was to give the bike a good hose down & a shampoo!

• Like Like x 1
  15. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    I really couldnt be arsed to do it yesterday mate I was so cold, proper chilled to the bone!

Probably didnt help riding down the M1 from J26 flat out weaving through the traffic as if i still had my sportsbikes :smile:

16. Batey74

Batey74 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Newcastle upon tyne
    I use Oxford hot hands, they just wrap around your grips and hold on with Velcro, they work really well, plus you can transfer them from bike to bike, I've had them for years. Just need to remember to switch them off, had a few flat batteries....

17. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Just trawled the net. When I started on forums a few years ago these things were easy to find - not so much now! Old.gif

Old.gif

• Like Like x 1
  18. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I have heated grips fitted - wouldn't be without them. When I know I'm going to be riding any distance in the cold I fit these 'bark-busters'. Ugly as chuff but they are a good combo with the grips as they keep the chill off the back of your hands. Only thing I don't like about the heated grips is the extra girth they give over the standard ones but you soon get used to it.

CIMG1415.jpg CIMG1416.jpg CIMG1417.jpg

CIMG1415.jpg

CIMG1416.jpg

CIMG1417.jpg

19. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    One of the best mods you can fit, had a set of Oxford heated grips fitted by the dealer from new. They work great but the only issue is they are connected direct to the battery and you have to remember to turn them off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    The old Oxford grips used to turn off when you turned off the ignition - not these new ones. Why-oh-why do they take something that isn't bust and try to fix it? BangHead.gif

BangHead.gif

• Like Like x 2