Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Today started really well, loaded up the LT with my new tyres and set off for the tyre shop. Read on..... 20190604_080155855_iOS.jpg
    So the bike went up on the ramp and all went well with the tyre changes. Watching from the waiting room the guy was spending a lot of time at the back of the bike. After five minutes or so another fella appeared at my bike and the two of them spent some more time investigating the back of my bike.. By now my curiosity was getting the better of me, so I wandered over to see what was the problem? They were looking at the rear caliper which when the rear wheel turned was movig slightly. The tech guy said he would have a look at the pistons cause he though they must be sticking. They were removed and cheked all was good, so the conclusion was that the disk was warped? So I ask how has that happed then; answer I don't know?
    After some debate they agreed to order a new disk, initial delivery date was for thursday/friday. I pointed out that my Ireland trip started on saturday and I will be away for a couple of days at my brothers funeral unitl late Friday. Things were looking bad for my trip! I left the bike with them hoping that I would not have go pick up my bike on the saturday ahead of setting off on my trip, not the end of the world but a real pain in the arse. Spent over 5 hours at the tyre centre, what a waste of a morning!
    Since I got home they have phoned and advised that a new disk is being delivered tomorrow by special delivery, so all being well will be able to pick up the bike tomorrow. Here is hoping. Still not sure how they managed to warp the disk and if they will charge me for the new one. I will find out tomorrow I guess.....
    Wessa

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    well, the manuals always say never to lay the wheel down disc side down to work on the wheel so I guess that would include removing tyres :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    well, the manuals always say never to lay the wheel down disc side down to work on the wheel so I guess that would include removing tyres :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I bet they’ve put the wheel with the disc facing down when they’ve been changing the tyre and bent it. Idiots! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Carrbridge, I think..

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    So you think they've been swinging on tyre levers to change the tyre? Whatever happened to using a tyre machine?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Wessa stand your guns if it rode right on the way in but don't let it add to your recent stress ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    You are indeed correct Gulped.

Obviously that one was too easy so going south how about this one now you know roughly which area I'm In?
    Looks a great swimming spot for a hot day.

20190604_152322.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Well if it was right when it went in, then they have done the damage & it should be down to them to pay for the new disc!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep thats just what I told them, the bike was fine when I rode into their shop. In fact it was only MOT'd a few weeks ago and I've not had any problems until today. Unusually I was very calm today, hopefully they will fix the bike without any drama; we will see tomorrow...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    #9891 capt, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    ATTACH=full]61532[/ATTACH]
    @Eldon there's more room on the bike when you tow and you can carry more safely, trailer has its own load rating , mine is 600 kg, beats loading the bike to over flowing and then the bike is so awkward to sit on and ride.
    Don't quite know why it loaded three pictures ? Must be poor phone/internet here in Timber Creek NT , phone froze for two minutes ... The picture is of bike and camper trailer day 21 of our trip to Darwin , 110 litre esky on draw bar ! Notice how clean/clear of rider obstruction's the bike is ? Been great traveling like this and my pillion in a million has enjoyed every mile ! Picture was taken at 4,000 plus klm mark , little service station @ turkey creek.

IMG_20190602_114603.jpg
    Used tools/edit option and got rid of two of the three copies of the same picture, had to fire up the USB wifi modem to get a more stable internet connection.

Cheers Mick Brenda capt

• Like Like x 7
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good idea mate, depending on how things go I may well use your advice.... Update to come later today!

• Like Like x 4
  13. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I had a very lonely cuppa at newlands corner...
    E9D88BF6-7E55-46BD-BB4A-6FDF3BABD38F.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well Thursday has come and gone and still not got my bike! The good news is that the tyre shop has confirmed that I will incur no cost for the replacement disk without any debate, which is great news. So what has happened today, the new disk has not arrived as promised by the supplier, not sure why, but they have assured that it will be delivered tomorrow; we will see. As there will be nobody here for Thursday/Friday they have agreed to deliver my bike to home early on saturday morning. Hopefully the new disk will arrive and be fitted prior to saturday so I can start my Ireland trip as planned.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 10
  15. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Yes it’s been a bit miserable this year, we only got to see one practice session before coming home, and didn’t get to ride over the mountain due to all the accidents causing road closures.
    Still, it’s always a great place to visit and ride around.
    Hope you’re feeling better soon. :)

At least you’ll only need to clean one filthy bike, it’s my job to look after the missus’s bike too :confused:

• Like Like x 5
  16. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    You’ve obviously not met my wife to be then! o_O And there’s only a few weeks before she’s actually my wife :grinning:

• Like Like x 7
  17. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    Better make sure it’s spotless then o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Congratulations on the wedding, don’t forget we need pictures or it never happened...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Cheers Wessa, we’re doing a biking honeymoon too. Back to the NC500 to finish it off as it was cut short last time by Jo falling off and breaking her shoulder :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  20. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    IMG_20190606_174927_759.JPG Went to Katherine Gorge
    IMG_20190606_173023.jpg
    Our camp at Manbulloo, a cattle and mango farm 5 klms from Kathrine, the Gorge is 26 klms the other side of town from us.
    Was a really worthwhile trip.

Cheers Mick Brenda capt

• Like Like x 11
  21. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    looks lovely,are there any crocs there?

• Like Like x 1
  22. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    We are off to Darwin tomorrow only taken three weeks and five days ;):rolleyes::grinning: we are planning on going on a "Darwin WW11 History tour" showing the areas that were bombed or have significant war related history, it's 4hrs long morning tour. It was recommended by a couple on our gorge tour.

Cheers Mick Brenda capt

• Like Like x 4