Welcome to The Triumph Forum

The World's busiest Triumph Forum. Join this amazing group of people and start discussing the thing that we all love, Triumph Motorcycles.

Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Honestly Andy!
    You couldn't take decent photo if your life depended on it? :rolleyes:

I've cropped it for you & your right. I do appreciate the location! :blush:
    20180313_130743-01-1.jpg
    DRINK!...FECK!...ARSE!...GIRLS!...BPOS! :kissing:

BTW... Very smart new toy mate! Just Try not to allow it to get in the way of great photos in future! :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That looks the business Andy:cool: which model is it?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

Ltd edition Dougie.
    It's the KTM Bushmills. Very fast but equally as thirsty! Handling is great but only for the first 1/4 of the tank. Then it all goes to rat shit! :kissing:

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Thanks. George and Dave have both been in contact. I am waiting for the return address and will send the affected parts back for them to examine. If all goes well I will still try a new set of levers if they find the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. andyc1

andyc1 #2121313
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    1290 superduke r, its the only model superduke they currently make as far as I'm aware

6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #8126 Dougie D, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    i was in the KTM dealers in Perth and they seemed to have a few different 1290s..the R,S,SE,Adventure & GT although not sure if they were all current models?

Edit..probably only one was called the Superduke though:confused:

7. andyc1

andyc1 #2121313
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Your right actually, I forgot about the superduke GT! More touring focused, its got a screen, more bodywork and semi active suspension, dont know about the rest of them, probably earlier models as you say

8. BS1948

BS1948 Noble Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Ferring
    Daytona MOT! FAIL :sob::sob::sob:

Fork seal and bars need adjusting :eek:. The good news is I was going to get the fork oil changed anyway so will get it all done. :):):)

Happiness is a Daytons 955i with adjustable bars by Paolo Tarozzi! Comfort for an old man's back :):):)

9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Right I am going to say it then hide behind DD's sofa! ... KTM is the best build quality bike I have ever owned, don't know if it's because their roots lay in Moto Cross and Enduro, but they are just so well put together and the quality of the components is fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hogi

Hogi New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Durham
    Very smart, deffo adds to the overall look of the bike. Can I ask what are those crash/scratch protectors called on your petrol tank? And where can you get them from? Thanks

11. capt

capt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Had bike retuned three weeks a go, to suit the 905 cc big bore with high compression pistons and my porting work, well I serviced my front forks today, drained and replaced fork oils then refueled and test run, had 204klm on trip meter and I couldn't get 9 litres in !!! That's better than 22 klms/ltr , so not only did the tuning get me more torque & horsepower but my fuel economy is outa sight better TOO.
    Well pleased, dilli you need to get your bpos tuned ... see what improvement you get ? Start with my early tune installed and then begin the dyno tune works from there.. !

Cheers capt

• Like Like x 1
  12. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    It's just a shame they have a face that only a mother could love......

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf The quietest member
    Subscriber

Mar 30, 2017
    Washington Tyne & Wear
    Can’t see me doing much else to my BPOS @capt :confused:
    Gonna use it as much as possible this year and then will probably sell it to help with my move to Spain :sun: if I can pull it off :cool:

14. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    Beat crispy to Loomies by 2 minutes - could hear those Predator exhausts coming down the road with earplugs and helmet on.:cool:
    20180314_134110.jpg
    As regular customers, we were asked to model their new range of casual clothing...
    20180201_145011.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    Has that bloke been sat there all winter? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    Yup, he doesn’t really own a bike either! Sad!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrOrange

MrOrange The Lunatics have definitely taken over !!!!
    Staff Member Subscriber

Oct 28, 2015
    the Heart of Darkness
    2 sides to this -

My 03 250 Enduro , 4 stroke, starts every time on the button, can be sat for months over the summer. Quality of engineering is brilliant, attention to detail of even the smallest part is great. Changing the 2 oil filters is more akin to changing batteries in a watch than doing an oil change, beautifully machined and manufactured parts.

My mates 1290 Super Duke thing - cams worn through less than a year old, stripped engine down and it was totally knackered !!! He flogged it soon after getting all the work done on warranty. Stupidly bought a BMW :confounded:

18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member
    Subscriber

Jun 1, 2017
    Southampton
    I had the older Super Duke 990, got it from new and had it nearly 5 years, didn't do massive miles (16K) but never had a single problem. A couple of mates have KTM's one of which is the 1290 which is just coming up 3 years old & no problems, maybe your mate got a Friday pm bike!

19. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I had an 1190 Adventure and it was 100% Reliable and really well built. Just toooooooo tall.

20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    Gave Doris the once over!! Wash and dry that is!
    E6972D42-3A31-4C6F-B2FA-AC689FF7CF74.jpeg

• Like Like x 6