Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    French's fish 'n chips down the road in Wells-next-the-Sea always popular with bikers too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    :sun: Washed and polished Bonnie today ready for tomorrow's thunderstorms :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Went to carry on with the Daytona....but sun was out so fitted the battery to the cbx & buggered orf down to Bridgenorth café lol. A few nice "modern" Triumphs there today..Thruxton/Scrambler Bonnie plus a wardrobe on wheels which I think was a new Trophy...mahoosive bloody thing! Nice day.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rspete

Rspete Elite Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Durham
    Went to the triumph factory to see how they're made, Was absolute class.

IMG-20180811-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180811-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180811-WA0006.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Daytona 1000....ERRR Swore at it :mad:lol, I fitted the new rad temp switch on Saturday but only fired her up today. The fan still wont come on automatically! So I tried again switching wires to the switch.no difference. Jumper wire...battery to switch wires & bingo fan comes on:mad::mad:. Now to a thicko like me it says the NEW temp switch is faulty but that should be rare right?? What can I be missing chaps?? Is there owt else im missing??:tired_face::weary_face::sob:: unamused:…..or is it time to try this:bomb::bomb:& just accept its :poop:lol. Any ideas??

6. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Have you got power to the temp switch?
    Leave the fan feed from the temp switch on and power the other side from the battery then get her hot and if the fan comes on your original feed wire is dead:)

7. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Job done. And a real improvement, I have to say.

IMG_5041.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  8. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I haven't seen that argument for years :D

Remember putting Marzocchi's on my GS1000 years ago and many arguments ensued because no-one could prove which was the right way round, if there was one :p

GS1000p2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    It doesn't make any difference, and the instructions from TEC were very clear about that. I mounted them that way to improve the view of the back wheel.

That's just a gas cannister, supposedly to prevent the shocks from bottoming down. A very leaky gas cannister. o_O
    (web searches show a lot of people had the same problem, even though they mounted the shocks "the right way".)

10. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    @Dozers Dad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Well I’ve taken the old girl over the 10,000 mile mark, on a shitty A road / motorway haul for work... she didn’t care a bit, she just wants riding! It does make it hard to keep her cosseted and clean... but as she’s not selling, I’m not gonna stop riding !!!

:)

• Like Like x 3
  12. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    ;)

13. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Have you got power to the temp switch?
    Leave the fan feed from the temp switch on and power the other side from the battery then get her hot and if the fan comes on your original feed wire is dead:)

Hey up Rocker, I have tested the temp switch & it works fine so does the temp gauge. I`ll go & have a play. I have just found a can of petrol & I do posses a zippo! lol:poop:

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    What do Tec know they think they can make shocks:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    [​IMG]
    ERRRRR On Marzocchi`s site...……...Im only sayin…...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Jock Stew ended up riding with a completely empty one. It made his bike dangerous to ride. George at TEC has built his reputation/USP on low cost value, but too often the components and complete builds he sources are too shoddy. There are some components on bikes that you should not compromise on.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Hey up Rocker, If ive read you right I left the blue wire attached to the fan switch & run a wire from the live to the blue&white wire, ign off the fan works:party: or take both off the switch & do the same the fan works so are we saying the neutral blue wire is :poop:? I fekkin hate electrickery!!!!!! :grinning:

18. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Sounds like the blue/white is the feed to the fan, leave it on the switch disconnect the blue wire and run a live from the battery to where you took the blue off of the switch.
    The fan should be OFF.
    Start the bike and get it hot enough to activate the switch this should put the fan ON.
    If the above happens you have a fault in the blue wire which should be live with the ignition on (you could just check for that i suppose)
    Clear as mud:weary_face:

19. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Have you checked your fuses!!

20. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Should be something like this:
    [​IMG]