Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Oops yeah I see your issue, how about fitting an outside socket on front of house? Just drill straight through wall??

2. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    Would love to but thinking of selling it this year and mrs would not be best pleased.

Used to have bike on the front yard but its now all gravelled cleaned and tidy.

Need a house with a garage next to keep our bikes in during the winter months.

Ming.....:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    #63 workshyfop, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    Ming, your speedy's not that old is it? Even with all this crap weather I wouldn't have thought the battery would be buggered already, not got an alarm have you? They're a bloody nightmare, defo need to keep the optimate on with an alarm. My bike's 2 years old now, I keep it in the garage on a bit of carpet, still bloody cold tho, I've got an optimate but only put it on occasionally, the battery's never died on me (yet!)

Sorry, I've just read you've got an alarm on it, there's your problem then. I had one on a ZX6, I had to keep it hooked up more or less permanently to the optimate, if I forgot to put it on, & didn't use the bike for a couple of days, it'd be dead when I went back to it. I'd never have another alarm.

• Like Like x 1
  4. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    The alarm is definitely the problem here, most bikers i now hate alarms for this very reason. If i buy a bike that has an alarm the first thing i do is remove it!

My CBR929, CBR1100XX Blackbird & my Aprilia Mille all had alarms fitted & the battery level use to drop sufficiently for it not to start the bike in a couple of days. Once the alarms were removed, i could leave the bike over winter in the garage for at least 2 weeks at a time & it would start first time. If im leaving a bike for longer then i plug the Optimate charger in to maintain the battery.

If all your electrics are checking out ok, battery, regulator/rectifier & starter with no bad earths, shorts etc then the alarm is 100% causing you your headaches mate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Managed to pick up an Oberon brake reservoir cover for my 07 America at a bargain price. Unfortunately it didnt really go with my red/black/chrome bike...

View attachment 465

So i dipped it in a caustic soda crystals with warm water for literally 5 seconds..... Plink, plink, fizzzzzz....

View attachment 466

Next stop, the mancave. Bit of Autosol & a quick spin on the polishing wheel & its totally transformed....

View attachment 467

• Like Like x 5
  6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Proper impressed with that P19...Was not even aware you could do that... Whow you do pick thing up on these forums..

• Like Like x 2
  7. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh yeah, it really is that simple mate. The reservoir cover is still anodised but the caustic soda crystals removes the dye from it & strips the aluminium back to its natural finish. Then its just a case of buffing it up on a polishing wheel with Autosol.
    Trust me though, if you leave aluminium in a strong solution of caustic soda for too long it will disappear completely. Lol.

I literally dipped it in for 5 seconds & the blue finish had gone. I was after a shiny aluminium reservoir cover for the bike but hadnt seen any used ones on ebay & didnt want to spend £30 on one. Got the blue one dirt cheap & for an hours work its now got a nice new mirror finish.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I need to get me some polishing wheels.....

9. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Depending on what you want to polish you can either get a 240v bench mounted polishing/grinding machine or just get polishing attachments that go in the chuck of your cordless/electric drill mate.

10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    More carbon turned up today.... image.jpg

And my GPR low boy exhaust.... Will get some photos later in the week... Will most Likely fit it once bike is run in...

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #71 Screwball, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    I should say thanks Steve from Conquest Carbon.. More top notch Carbon..

• Like Like x 1
  12. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    :upyeah: after a trouble free 40 miles this year, thought i might spend on some soft luggage today !

• Like Like x 2
  13. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    What've you decided to go for flapin' ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    #74 JimDiesel, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    Nice Bling Screw ball,
    Are they from CC??

Hmmm pine pine pine!! Need fix!! Must get carbon fix!! :eek:

15. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Cabin fever sorted! For the moment anyway, a fine dry day here in Donkey Derby, so I dusted down the America & headed over to Pidcock Triumph (about as far as the freezing fingers would allow) to blag a free coffee & talk to Dave about some ideas I've got for customising the bike. The old numbskulls are whirring now, apes or flats? Paint job? etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Satin Carbon Infills ordered from CC... Arghh that's better, the shakes have stopped for now....:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  17. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    :smile: Soft luggage sorted. just purchased a pair of panniers and stays from custom cruisers, seem nice folk to deal with. went for the studded:cool: I will post pic in the america section

• Like Like x 3
  18. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Nice one flapin. Looking forward to seeing them on the bike.:wink:

19. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Go Jim.... Will be fitting mine over the weekend...it is good quality and looks the same as the triumph carbon...

• Like Like x 1
  20. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Hmmm, thinking about taking mine out for a little pootle around Leicestershire today. The sun is shining BUT it still feels bloody cold out there!

• Like Like x 1