Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    For 3 days have been riding and enjoying my Triumph. Currently with a pal cruising through France, I will try and get a thread in the touring section with our routes.when I get back. Relaxing ride from Tours to Limoges via Oradour today, just love the D roads 8n France.

This is the Tiger Sport and mates Tiger 800 on way from N Yorks to Portsmouth, that is a dull journey ☹️ The Sport is a superb tourer, all day comfort and great economy.

And we happened upon a huge set of shorooms in Limoges, all the big marques under one roof, if Carlsberg did bike dealerships...........................:)

8FA96717-1A54-4E76-9F53-EFED1D6FBA13.jpeg

79507A4B-3C86-4457-A1F5-7E9957704907.jpeg

8AC34998-9B40-499A-8A86-33D8F002FB81.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
  3. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Nice.
    Took my Sport over a few times, ideal bike for that sort of journey :)
    What did you think of Oradour?

4. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Well MOT day and it passed! With no advisories either! Woo hoo! Just got to bleed the cooling system properly and solve the lack of idle problem!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    Well MOT day and it passed! With no advisories either! Woo hoo! Just got to bleed the cooling system properly and solve the lack of idle problem!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Oradour was quite sombre, but a fantastic memorial, I would recommend it for a visit to anyone who likes their WWII history.

7. Fourbears

Fourbears Noble Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Norfolk
    I went to Oradour 2 years ago. I agree a sombre place but to keep it as it was after the Nazis left is amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    I found it a very moving tribute, but felt that some parts were a bit staged and touristy. Certainly a great reminder of the atrocities of war though.

Some great roads around there too - my in-laws lived just outside Limoges until last year. And if it's your bag, there are some great tracks that suit the tigers (or mountain bikes) really well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    Tonight I picked up a Daytona 955i to race at the weekend. A couple of tweeks to prep for scrutineering and it's loaded up and ready to go. :)

• Like Like x 5
  10. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    I was there 2 weeks ago. Very moving. Going back in a couple of weeks in the car. Will probably go to Oradour again with my wife.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    We have a big military cemetery in the south of the Netherlands where thousands of American soldiers are buried. All those men are "adopted" by Dutch families, who take flowers there every year. Remembrance is important.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Took the battery terminals off my BPOS to remove the heated gloves plug and the optimate plug :)
    Refitted the original seat:)
    Mirrors and sprocket cover left to do and then I should be ready for next Fridays historical exchange :p
    My first ever brand new bike :cool:

• Like Like x 9
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    fitted some R&G paddock stand bobbins, chain lubrication will be so much easier now! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Gary, I know Moto Move very well, go there often for bits for my rides. It's about 125 kms SW of my place.

Not far away from Limoges is Lac Vassivière - it's a beautiful ride around with lakeside restaurants. Worth a look if you have the time?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Gary_P

Gary_P Active Member

May 19, 2016
    North Yorkshire
    Thanks Biglad, I have to say we haven’t been on a bad road yet, avoided motorways and mostly D roads, the roads from Tours to Limoges was amazing, every village is immaculate. I love riding round here. Headed across to La Rochelle and then back up through Loire on Sat. I will get some more pics up on the touring section when I get decent wifi.

Triumphs seem very populaar, especially the modern classics here.

• Like Like x 2
  16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Probably be your last! I bought a brand new bike in ‘75 and after taking the hit in resale value vowed never again, mind you if you intend to keep it......

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

You keeping your piston rear light?

18. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

No mate it’s going with the BPOS :confused:
    I cut the rear mudguard so the original won’t go back on :eek:
    Can’t be arsed as well :imp:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Visiting a client - so w@#k paid for my ride today!

20180629_122000.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Was time for a rear brake pad change, so with bated breath and the fear of god in me after hearing of the woes from others with under slung calipers I got my tools and gingerly approached said caliper, and guess what??? everything came loose as it should have done,hurrah!. Caliper cleaned new pads in and bolts well greased and test ride over. Bless you Doris

• Like Like x 6