Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Err .... um .... err .... I need one of those, or at least I thought I did until I saw yours, Jez! Maybe next month then. I have replaced the footrest rubber though. I had a spare one lurking in a dark corner of a cardboard box under a pile of stuff.

DSCF1770.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Bought an Evotech tail tidy for my Street Triple R :)

I shall upload pictures once fitted ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi Jack Driver, that is the label on your bikes ECU (computer) it states the original engine tune/map, triumph may give new sticker and tune/map to dealers is map is changed / reflashed for warranty purposes ? Not too sure on that. But all Triumph motorcycles have similar sticker on ECU stating factory tune on date of assembly !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    The thing that 'confused' me is that it was inside what appeared to be the battery box (four sides and a bottom) when I took the battery out. Maybe there isn't actually a full-surround box and I was seeing the back of the ECU. I just thought it was a curious place for important information.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Had a great run down the A49 to the Raven; fair mix of bikes out tonight......
    Wessa

• Like Like x 4
  6. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    On America and Speed master that's where they put the ECU ! The battery is a smaller one than on the non EFI models ! As the space is taken up by the ECU ! There is no room under the seat or tank and its just a bit too big to go elsewhere.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Well not Today, but two weeks a go I went to an Old Historical Homestead called "Mangowine" out in the wheat belt, near the town of Nungarin, was a 400 plus Klms ride of which 35 was easy dirt/gravel roads, so washed bike yesterday, polish and finalise cleaning today and then ready after refueling for tomorrow ! Going to GinGin via Bindoon (Bindoon Dewars pool rd) nice and twisty !! Then return via Bulls brook and Chittering valley, short section of Highway then through Julimar State Forest more twisty country roads. Did this run about 6 weeks a go , it's another 400 plus ride ! Weather today and Tomorrow is forecast as 26/27°c , So wife and I expect a good warm not too hot trip and it's nearly winter brrr..!
    Will post some pictures after Tomorrow's ride !!

• Like Like x 10
  8. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Mmmm! Nearly summer here and forecast is 13/15°c .... any more room out there for me?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    #7369 capt, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    YUP and the forecasts changed !

Now expecting 30 or 31°c for weekend and then drop to 26°c maybe ..... ?

It actually reached .,.......

34°c @ GinGin ! so our picnic lunch stop was luverley ! Howzat DD.!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    #7370 capt, May 12, 2018
    Emu Gingin Julimar Forest.jpg Well did the ride. And nearly hit an EMU coming back through Chittering to Toodyay in Julimar forest

• Like Like x 4
  11. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    #7371 capt, May 12, 2018
    Gingin Park.jpg Will post photos soon, I will have to crop/reduce file size, as phone has 21 megapixel camera !!! File size is too big !! This is Brenda in Park In GinGin , Weather report that night stated 34 Degrees in GinGin that day !!!!

Cheers capt

• Like Like x 6
  12. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Well More photos ...

My Good self (capt).jpg

• Like Like x 10
  13. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Julimar Forest stop, we needed to get rid of Numb Bum's

Stop In Julimar Forest.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    • Like Like x 6
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Just spent the morning in my garage doing bits and pieces :)
    Removed the very efficient and sexy tow bar :kissing_heart: for my very efficient and sexy trailer :heart_eyes:
    Have installed my very efficient and super stylish top box :kissing_heart: ready for catching up with those on the Scottish trip :)
    I’ll be up there on Thursday :) meeting with Ron (mr O) on the way :)
    Will do some quick checks and maybe go to the local bike meet on Wednesday night :grinning:

Oh yeah......have refitted my Cocktail Shakers:imp::eek::cool: cos the TORS are too quiet :p:imp:

• Like Like x 6
  16. Southern995Nick

Southern995Nick Well it started like this....

Sep 26, 2017
    Hampshire
    Had a nice little ride around, Winchester, Alton area then back home to Basingstoke for a well earned tea... Bike going great.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    Upgraded brake caliper today with a Nissin three piston version that I refurbished and fitted a polished cam cover to give it more of a sort of Thruccy look about it

BE9393F2-1A02-45F6-A9C3-CA8F6720236A.jpg

53D45470-E9BC-4B52-B07D-3BB541254E0D.jpg

74551645-B8EA-4349-B478-754410819A1D.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Got a wee ride in the evening sun last night before going out gigging... but I spent just as long tonight washing and polishing the Legend... but tell you what, the new Bridgestone BT023R I’ve had put on the back is great. When I first got the bike, I was a little dubious about the rear handling, but getting accurate tyre pressures pretty much sorted that out. But the old tyre had squared off a bit, so the nice profile and confidence inspiring rubber has really lifted the handling a notch again.

• Like Like x 5
  19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Yeah, and the British cruiser styling of the legend lends itself to rear end “sit in” handling (don’t know how else to describe it) so it feels like most of your trust has to be on the rear tyre... where a sports bike is all about front end trust. So my 16 stone, the bikes solid weight and the low seat height and the handling characteristics really suit the Bridgestone... impressed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Yup, looks like being a good day again.
    Might have to pop to the Apache Cafe, my new favourite lunch stop since I tried the breakfast :)

• Like Like x 2