Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Had a blast to Bournemouth to meet up with Darkman. We had a blast around Bournemouth ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Great day out M8 and always good to see you :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I remember it being called a "motorway decoke" back in the day:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Same here buddy and thank you for having me and loved those roads ;)

We don't get those sorts of roads here in London :(. We always have to go a fair bit of distance to see some decent biking roads

• Like Like x 2
  5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Woke up early (without a hangover today) - so out on the Tiger by 6.40 am. Whiteways cafe at 8.00 - few cars on the road at this time so very enjoyable. Then on to Arundel and back via Goodwood and Midhurst. Too many cars and getting hot by then!
    20180507_080849.jpg
    20180507_091243-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    CC7794F7-D199-4EB9-B2F5-4579A41DFE33.jpeg Was at brooklands for the emergency services day, great day, nice and warm!! Loads of kids clambering over the bikes! Lucky it started when asked!
    Had to do two runs into kings college hospital Denmark hill se5, for someone having a transplant, the second one around 14:00, by the time I got back home I was soaked through, but the outside was dry!!
    263E264B-7EDB-408D-9ACC-43B5221AB800.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

NOTHING :(
    Cos I was at a rally this weekend it was payback today :confused:
    Had to go for a drive with me doing the driving :( across the moors with all manner of bikes flying past having fun :worried:
    Ended up looking in shops in Barnard Castle for a steam iron and ironing board FFS:mad:
    Had a nice mince pie dinner though :yum
    I had to pay :sob:
    Never mind not next weekend but the one after I’ve got three days riding in Scotland :grinning:

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    Squirted acf-50 into all switches on handlebars, & the headlight flasher/pass switch now working again.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Nice ride along the Dorset coast today after a pasty and an ice cream at West Bay :yum IMG_20180507_125914.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  10. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    I hope so, I've squirted it on all the electrics under the seat too. I can't remember where but I did read it was good for stopping corrosion on all electrical wiring & components. I'm sure someone here can verify that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. foxy52

foxy52 Active Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Derbyshire
    By the way I also read that where wd-40 dissolves grease, acf-50 doesn't?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Getting rid of last winters corrosion on the wheels.
    Which I had been putting off.
    Looking a lot better at present.
    Just another bit to go on the back wheel.
    Damn you Triumph for not protecting aluminium wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Your correct foxy WD40 will dissolve grease that’s why you shouldn’t use it on locks or switches.

14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Had a run out around the Cheshire lanes early this morning before it got hot, no traffic about, briliant but was a little chilly.....
    Wessa

• Like Like x 5
  15. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    IMG_1209.JPG Rode back from a long weekend in sunny wales totalled 848 miles in 4 days
    If you have never been to wales then you all need to go,great roads no traffic a bikers paradise

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Clarkey

Clarkey Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    No unfortunately not where are you lot staying : you must go for a ride out and take a road from Newtown to Llandrindod wells the A483 it's awesome well worth the trip just for that road.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #7356 Havit, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Bloody float bowl drain screw fell out of penelope while riding out in the country :eek:.
    I smell petrol im thinking to myself when i look down petrol is pissing out onto the exhaust:eek::eek:. Quick turn of the petcock and engine off. Now what do i do im thinking to myself sitting in a pond of petrol.......no signal on my phone ....bugger. These screws are not just a screw. They have a taper that closes a hole at the back.......brain wave:grinning: i get a small stick about the same size as the hole and screw it in tight as i can .I turn on the petrol and just a very small drip on the end of the stick. Right .....get her home quick. Im glad to say shes home. Just have to wait for a new bloody screw. My freind saves the day after rooting in his shed for an hour fruitlessly . You can use my other bike until your screw comes. :D:D happy out. I goes to collect it and its a Triumph 20180506_095457.jpg happy days .
    In case your wondering my Kawasaki GTR is in bits at the moment . tank is in the uk getting sealed and other parts are getting powder coated. So i have two bikes out of action. Bombing around on the bonnie. Oh they are fun.
    :)

• Like Like x 14
  18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    New Pirelli Super Corsa SP on the back Sat am, amazing how good the bike feels on new rubber!

Sunday 10 of us went to Weymouth for Breakfast on the beach at Oasis Cafe (or that was the plan!), cafe was heaving busy when we arrived coz we took the (very) long way round, couldn't be arsed to wait the estimated 60-90 mins so ended up at a Maccy D's! Great riding when cars weren't getting in the way, but any road approaching the coast was log jammed!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Unfortunately for me it wouldnt work!! As I fly over the handlebars I'd be thinking " Ah! That's why that metal bracket is there!"

• Funny Funny x 6
  20. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Started out to go to a local canvas shop to get a price for a custom cover for the bike and sidecar. Rolled the bike into the sun - spent 1/2 hour cleaning all of the pollen off the bike - went to start it and nothing:sob: Tried to jump it with three different jumpers I keep in my vehicles and really flaky things started to happen on the display :sob::sob::sob: Checked the volts and it was .5 volts, even though I've been riding it on a regular basis lately. Went to PASCO Batteries and bought a replacement. She fired right up:cool: We'll get the estimate on the cover tomorrow. I know I'll regret buying a cheap battery, but at least I'll be riding tomorrow and not waiting on a battery:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    BTW - while messing about with my battery, I saw this label that appeared to be on the inside of the battery box:confused: I don't understand why this information would be put somewhere that you only see every 4 to 5 years. Does anyone know why?

Battery Box Label_A.jpg