Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jimlowe

jimlowe Member

Mar 14, 2013
    bideford Devon
    DSCF1303.jpg

DSCF1303.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    You must be in the wrong part of Leicestershire then mate, there`s only about 2 inches of slush round here & thawing out fast

3. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    well peed off not stoped all day

• Like Like x 1
  4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #44 Screwball, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    Sat Nav fitted & Auto Com installed....
    Garmin 350 LM.... Not used on bike yet so lets hope its OK......
    SatNav.jpg

Been snowing but it has not laid.... I just want to get out and ride..... Bought the bike and only done 30M.......

SatNav.jpg

SatNav.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    What's Auto Com screwball??

6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Bike to bike communications.... Autocom - Moving Communication
    Only used it for the last 2 years... Only got it coz a few mates had it, but since going out with a few mates who had it it has changed the enjoyment of my trips.... going abroad a bit we travel and talk a fair bit and especially on tours we can tell each other what dangers are ahead and also where to turn...

• Like Like x 1
  7. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    And where the Totty is lol...
    So how does this differ from the blue tooth intercom on these helmet com units?

• Like Like x 1
  8. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Me and a couple of mates have the Autocom stuff - for riding abroad it's very, very helpful. Mainly as in 'Where the fuck have you gone' kinda thing! :wink:

9. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    Well since the beginning of this year 2013 charging the (original) battery on my speedy, getting right peeeed off not holding charge for longer than a week even when charged and run, need to find a descent one to replace it.

Any suggestions welcomed, am looking on ebay.

Ming.....:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Probably not much but maybe range, can have MP3 playing though it & satnav... Don't know much about the Bluetooth ones so am not sure what they are capable of.... I know we can basically have as many poeople a we like in a conversation... Autocomplete will be a lot dearer though as you have to buy AutoCom and also Radio....

• Like Like x 1
  11. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Ming, has the battery ever gone completely flat?
    This can knacker the cells causing them to warp etc, do you leave it on an optimate?
    Always recommend leaving bike connected to one especially for long duration, an optimiser is preferred as this will maintain the battery by discharging/charging through cycle keeping the battery at optimum ccondition.
    I use an optimate 3+. :upyeah:

12. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    The Motorola radios are OK with the autocom and aren't overly expensive.

13. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Yep thats what we use... But they are still circa £100-£120 i think.... (mine was free)

14. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    Its not completely flat as it only takes about 1 to 2 hours to be fully charged, have an optimate lead attached but can't use as bike is on road (no electric point).

15. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Ming, someone on the 'cruisers' f/b page recently had a problem with his speedy holding a charge, the battery tray had rubbed through one of the leads, think he needed a new rectifier as well.

16. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent

Jim this was the screw/Bolt used to fix the seat strap.. I have sorted it now and thanks for your help.

Strap bolt.jpg

Used a 5mm alloy screw (in gold Errrhhh) will change it soon though...

Strap bolt.jpg

17. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    Thanks will check it all out when weather is better, its just a pain having to take everything off to charge the battery. Triumph didn't make it easy like just taking off the seat.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Ming, there is a lead that comes with the optimate which you leave perm connected to your battery, it has a small waterproof socket (5mmx20mm) which you route to an easy access point which is out of view. All you do is park up, pull rubber cap off of socket plug in the lead and it's done, 2 seconds that's all... :upyeah:

19. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hmm that's one ugly bolt!! Were they what was on the seat???? Fek I can't believe that....
    Also is that the front fender of your DRZ then?? Lol I use mine as a coffee stand too....

You should be able to order the OE bolts from triumph or even better from Steve at Concept Carbon

20. ming12

ming12 Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Weston Super Mare
    Mine was fitted by Triumph when I brought the bike, I live in a terrace house where the front door leads to a small yard then the footpath and road, can't hook up as no electric point out front unless keep front door open (not an option).

looking at one of these batteries: http://www.newspeedmaster.com/html/battery.html

• Like Like x 1