Featured What you been doing with your TRIUMPH today??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by flapinflares, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Doctordeano

Doctordeano Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Hertfordshire
    I was out on the bike in traffic on my way home stationary when some woman pulls up beside me so close she runs over my foot! FFS What's a matter with some people...
    I hope the knuckle dents in her wing will remind her the next time not to get close to motorcycles!!... Grrrrrrr

• Like Like x 3
  2. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Right then, carbon headlight bowls fitted, carbon tank/battery cover fitted, R&G frame bungs fitted.... All in about 2 hours!!
    Went together really well and I love it... Subtle but trick... I feel the urge to order more!!! OMG help!!
    Below are pics before, during and after installation... Happy happy happy!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

TBC

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

3. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Last couple....

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's it for now, what do you think?
    I love it and its great to have the old girl back in the kitchen on the prep run for spring!! :upyeah:

image.jpg

image.jpg

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Some people should not be allowed behind the wheel of a car! Hope you are ok?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Looking good Jim, did all CC's carbon bits fit easily? Not sure my Mrs would allow the bike in the kitchen!

6. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Yes rich, only thing I did was open the holes up on the back of the headlight bowls which take the four bolts that hold the lenses on, head of a Philips twisted in the hole a couple times and Ooosh they were on!!
    Have to say far easier to unbolt (1bolt) the lamp off then remove n fit lens than when they are bolted to the bike... Anyone who's tried to change the bulbs will know what I mean...
    CC's stuff fits great and finish is perfect... Street trip gets its bits on tomorrow...
    Rich simply don't ask, just put it in there, who knows the wife may not notice....:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Now got a Zumo 660 for the Triumph, got to decide where to mount it now as I have heated grips control to the left and ride with a tank bag most of the time. Also need to decide where to take the power from; anyone know if there is an easily accessible switched live near the front of the bike or do I make the cradle live direct from the battery?

8. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Looks awesome Jim

• Like Like x 2
  9. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Work in progress Steve thanks to you and CC :upyeah:

10. Conquest Racing Ltd

Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    A pleasure, I believe your probably the first person in the UK to have the carbon satin headlight bowls fitted. How's that for exclustivity ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    CC Steve therefore you are the first supplier of the Satin Bowls fitted in the uk, now that's exclusivity!! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #32 Screwball, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    Just received my Satin seat cowl for my 2013 R.. Fantastic bit of kit... needed screws though to fit to seat....:frown:
    Will be ordering a few more bits... What's the discount code???????

13. Conquest Racing Ltd

Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
  14. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Screwball,

My Cowl uses the screws from the passenger grab strap which should be removed.....

I have to admit to having a satin fetish.... :rolleyes:

15. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Jim I thought that when I removed my strap... If that is what you mean.. Unfortunately the bolt I removed does not fit, it was I think a 8mm bolt with a 10mm nut head. It looks like I need a 6mm screw and would rather use one with a hex pan or flat head so it looks better..... Will have to have another look or search through my tool box for some spares.. Must have some laying about in their....

• Like Like x 1
  16. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Screwball, when I get home ill take a pic, measure and post on here for you mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #37 Screwball, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    I'm going to be trying to sort it tomorrow so Lets see what happens... Cheers Jim..:upyeah:

18. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Screwball, mine is held in place by 2 x countersunk hex M5 0.80 thread 20mm bolts, plastic washer and countersunk washer on each, see pics below.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  20. flapinflares

flapinflares Active Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Leiestershire
    :frown: done nowt with my Triumph today, because there is a foot of blinking snow outside!

• Like Like x 2