What,s happened to relaxed browsing?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by david harrison, Jun 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. david harrison

david harrison New Member

Jun 7, 2016
    scunthorpe
    #1 david harrison, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Sometimes you go into a shop ,in this case motorcycle,with no particular purchase in mind and just want to look round.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I know what you mean - I hate being pestered as soon as I walk in somewhere but agree that being ignored is the very worst experience.

This reminded me of a mates response when asked by a pushy sales assistant as soon as we walked in "if there was anything he could help him with?" My mate replied " yes, up those f*cking stairs if this hangover doesn't improve!"

• Like Like x 2
  3. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    Grow a pair and say "it's fine fella I'm just having a look around, I'll give you a shout if I see something I like"

• Like Like x 2
  4. david harrison

david harrison New Member

Jun 7, 2016
    scunthorpe
    Yours are probably on your forehead.

5. 711jrp

711jrp Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    south london
    Feisty on the keyboard but can't tell a shop assistant what you think......I think we all know what you're all about.

• Like Like x 2
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It can be a bit annoying to be 'pounced on' as soon as you walk into a shop but bare in mind the pressure these guys and gals are under, to get sales.

As others have implied all that's required is just a quiet "no thanks I'm just looking".

Now let's get back to talking bikes :):):):):):):)

• Like Like x 3
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Bikes and b*llocks as usual! :D

8. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

The other week while I was waiting while Mrs Al nipped into out local Aldi for "a couple of things" I wandered across the road and called in one of our local bike shops, (well that's what they call themselves). The door chime made some awful 9odB bleeping noise when I went in so I guessed someone will pitch up to see what I'm after, oh dear just how wrong could ?I be. So I spent a good 10 mins wandering about looking at a couple of bikes and various bits and bobs, still no body, so, sod this and took my custom elsewhere. If they want custom they should at least acknowledge that someone is actually in the shop even if you don't need help. Won't be paying a second visit.
    So I guess it's a trade off, to eager and you upset some folk, or hang back and upset others.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sceptic Al

Sceptic Al Well-Known Member

Typical Tosco's. Quite a few years back while I was working in far of lands, well Hartlepool. I had been working stupid hours so accrued a few gash days off. Monday morning, dropped Mrs Al of at work and called in our local Tesco to get some bits and pieces as requested by Mrs Al, so being a kind loving husband I duly complied. Wandered round and picked up said items, probably about £50's worth, more than 10 items, (must add this is before self-checkout machines) so proceeded to one of the three checkouts that were open. After standing there for about 5 minutes while sad sack operator was chatting to her female supervisor about who did what with who at the weekend I just dumped everything on the belt and walked off. this upset the supervisor who challenged me about my actions. My well mannered reply was, "oh dear I am sorry that I stopped your chatting but some of us have better things to do, so, get your manager down here now so I can raise a complaint about you and the fat git sitting on her ass talking to you about you weekend exploits". At this point said manager turned up unannounced wondering so he got both barrels too.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I think Al and Half Ton have a few anger issues but saying that I managed to get a lid back into the display cabinet from 20 feet when the assistant laughed that I wanted a discount:D and oh Tesco don't get me started I won't buy anything from them w##kers :mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Spooky Tesco junk in my inbox after the above post I better repent:oops: NOT:D:):cool:

• Like Like x 2
  12. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Nice sunny day today, so I thought I'd trundle out to Saltire Motorcycles, billed as Scotland biggest motorcycle shop.
    Well, that it might be, loads of new bikes including my fave Hyabusa at £11,495, but what an ignorant bunch!!!!!!!!
    I was totally ignored, by the sales men and girls, I tried to make eye contact but still ignored, I walked all round the show room, walked out and fcuked off with-out buying a thing to Edinburgh triumph!!
    E.T. have Triumphs, manners and my money after I bought a pair of gloves.
    They have as many bikes of other breeds too, and prices are quite reasonable for main dealers.
    Bike shops seem to be a bit strange up here to me, tried to buy a new Royal Enfield last year only to find little interest from either dealer, 1 of them is not generally open unless you make an appointment!
    A far cry from Chesterfield Motorcycles who I had lots of dealings with and I could find no fault, buying Aprilia and Suzuki in the past as well as all our clobber to ride them.
    P.S. The water needs changing in Saltires fish tank too!

• Like Like x 1