What Other Interests?.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Neil Lambton, Jun 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany
  2. Most of my hobbies/sports are not team ones. Hang Gliding, have flown most of UK, mainly Wales and Sheffield area. Land Yachting mostly on runways (UK and Germany). I have been microlighting for about 30 years mostly in UK but have flown to several airfields in France, as far South as Paris. Some machines are over 80 HP, can fly 100 mph+, 2 up with 5 hrs of fuel so you are frequently only limited by your comfort stops Also bit of Sub Aqua between sports. I have found that a large proportion of motorcyclists are SA divers, and many have an interest in sky biking.

• Like Like x 4
  3. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    We need more of these pandemics, as I am learning some serious shit that will impress friends and family at a later date. Problem will be remembering it after today.:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  4. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany

5. Dinny

Dinny Member

Oct 5, 2019
    N.Essex
    Been a life-long aeromodeller and love building and flying mainly scale types either from kits or from published plans. IC and electric power.
    Photos are of the Zlin 526 that I built from a very old kit and am seen with it at one of the radio control flying events at The Shuttleworth Collection in Bedfordshire a few years ago.

zlin2.JPG

zlin1.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  6. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Music, guitar playing, collecting. Plays in various bands, used to play big venues +10k audience when I still had hair.
    Now I'm helping young musicians/bands to hit the stage, as volunteer administrator at the local MJC (House of Art in english).

• Like Like x 7
  7. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    @Sandi T. Garibaldi biccies... We used to call them "fly cemetery".

Hobbies/other interests... Well, I guess I'm a bit boring. Anything Land Rover, watercolour painting, drawing, reading, the dogs, and I collect tools. Not so much as an occupational hazard, though there's that as well, but old woodworking tools.

A present for a local minister
    MJM435.jpg
    Winter sky

Winter sky.jpg

Image for a business card for a friend
    Whitewolf 1_copy_375x291.jpg

Tattoo design for a friend.
    20170421_174828_copy_3896x2573.jpg

And nowadays I can hardly hold a pen or brush. Still waiting for the hand op.

• Like Like x 21
  8. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Fantastic artwork there Sandy

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Thank you!:blush:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nah, dangerous for everyone else maybe. Very similar sense of freedom and excitement as motorcycling, except in 3D.

11. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Spectacular, @Big Sandy! You are an amazing artist. No wonder you're so keen on that hand op--and I thought it was mainly riding. Beautiful. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Besides riding motorcycles, my hobbies include camping (in our Winnebago as well as tent camping) and playing bass guitar -though chemo has put a stop to playing my basses. Not that I'm very good at it. The only band I've played in is the band at my church and that is boring since I mostly play Punk Rock and 60s-80s Rock, i.e. The Ramones, The Clash, Rancid, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, etc.

Through school I enjoyed Football (American, of course) and even played a year in Japan. During my military days I was into weight lifting and cycling for fitness but do neither any more -hiking while camping is our main exercise.

I also love watching movies.

Of course, what I enjoy most is spending time with my lovely bride and our cool Dobie.

• Like Like x 13
  13. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there

May i direct you to @Dozers Dad thread and the attachment within...... bar a few exceptions, pretty much describes my life away from work.

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Life is simple Chez Strange - when not riding my bike, smoking weed and Ms S are my main interests ;)

DS

• Like Like x 5
  15. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Thank you! I've been trying digital art with a stylus and a tablet, but it's eluding me a bit.. Technology fah!

A hare....
    Sketch29121464.jpg

Hairydick Cucumberpatch...

Sketch181144923(1).jpg

Not keen on the techy style of drawing.... And it shows.

A bit of pyrography

20170421_174801_copy_2860x2354.jpg

Something to fill the space above the fireplace... I drew it inspired by Courtney Davis' version.

20170421_174616_copy_2988x1918.jpg

I used to do a Land Rover related Toon once upon a time...

Split Screen 18.jpg

Blawin' mine own trumpet. Sorry.

• Like Like x 19
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    With your undoubted and undisputable talent you've earned the right to blow your own trumpet. Sh1t! It wouldn't surprise me if you can play one of them extremely well, too!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Well......Actually......No :)

Just about play a concertina though...just about.

Can also just about fit my head through the door now :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Neil Lambton

Neil Lambton Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Dorset
    I should have twigged it was you, typical of our sense of humour :).

• Like Like x 1
  19. Neil Lambton

Neil Lambton Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Dorset
    Hi Mark, have you ever watched "Pete C`s" youtube channell where he has several series over a few years where he collects wrecks of MK3 Cortina`s like above and restores them. He`s done 2 i think, and is on his 3rd. He called the first "Swampy" the second "Ruby" and is on the third called "Bramble" Beware though, there are a great many hours of viewing. Bramble was really bad, so called because he pulled it out of a bramble thicket.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    have you flown from lord stones cafe near chopgate? You also get a few bikes there too.

• Like Like x 1