What Other Interests?.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Neil Lambton, Jun 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    @stinger. looks cracking and well worth a visit - ta for piccies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    A mate of mine has a Halfords electric you’ll be surprised how quick they are.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON

Very different to black pudding!

https://voisinsbutchers.co.uk/hogs-pudding/

Steve, if your supplier is in the South Molton Pannier Market, you'll need to wait a short while :--

At an Extra-Ordinary meeting of South Molton Town Council held today (Wednesday 3rd June 2020) Town Councillors voted to resume with the weekly Saturday and Thursday Pannier Markets commencing on Saturday 6th July.

Although under Government guidelines the markets could have resumed from Thursday 18th June, Councillors chose to go with a start date of July which brings the recommencement of the Market in line with others including Barnstaple Pannier Market and Tavistock Market. It also allows time for further preparation of the building to comply with government restrictions.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    Thanks Adie. My Uncle used to live in a flat just off the square, he was above a butchers shop that sold it but I have a feeling it shut down a few years ago. I take it you've tried Hogs Pudding?

5. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    You're welcome.

I used to live at Brayford so SMolton Pannier Market was a popular place to visit - especially the second hand record stall!!

Eat Hog's Pudding? Not just "NO" ......... I am known to family and friends as the world's fussiest eater and couldn't argue against the epithet. I'd actually chuck whatever stomach contents I had with as little as a whiff of something with those ingredients! I can't go in to an Indian restaurant as the smell of curry or garlic I perceive as a taste and one so strong I can feel physically sick; I eat nothing with garlic, pepper, onion, or practically ANY spice or herb and check the ingredients of most stuff before I try eating it.

I am a complete and utter heathen when it comes to food - my favourite meal is a bowl of breakfast cereal or, as a hot meal, maybe chips and egg with a little salt and vinegar but NO sauces, pepper or anything else that has a strong flavour!

Weird? Certainly. Awkward? Undoubtedly.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steve Hill

Steve Hill Senior Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Somerset
    :joy: Wish I'd never asked...seriously though I'd definitely go with the egg and chips option ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Ironic given your name is an anagram of 'da pie'

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Oddly, DD, I can - and all too often do - eat almost anything that's sweet! I can manage cinnamon buns, too so not all spices are proscribed!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This was my "forum lesson of the day", DD. I had to look up a Garibaldi. It looks quite delicious! :yum:)

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 11.55.46 AM.png
    That said, I think I'll stick with my daily apple fritter. ;):joy:
    IMG_8834.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  10. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    What?!? You’ve never heard of a Garibaldi and havent had a Tunnocks Caramel? You Americans really are missing out on some fantastic treats. :p Please don’t tell me you’ve not got fig rolls? I’ll never come to the US if you haven’t. :scream:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Motorcycles are for me just a hobby. Although I have 3 of them, I do not consider them a major part of my existence. I have talked more than enough on the site about my other interests, so I will not repeat myself at this time. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3
  12. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Garibaldi aka The Dead Fly biscuit.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Also an anagram of big radial, which somehow seems apt

14. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Loads of interesting hobbies listed. I used to love sport (any thing that included a ball or bat), but the body no longer allows. Spent many years making stuff with wood on my lathe or in my workshop, the movivation dried up a few years ago. Digital photograhpy still interests me and messing about on my PC. My family and grandchildren feature hugely in my life. However, like most on the forum I mostly enjoy the forum and riding my bikes :cool::cool::cool:

• Like Like x 8
  16. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, we have something called Fig Newtons, freck, but the fig rolls pictured on Wikipedia look a lot more delicious than the processed and packaged Newton version we have here. Maybe you can come visit the U.S. and bring Garibaldis, Tunnocks Caramels, and fig rolls with you. You can stay with Mr. Sandi and me (after the pandemic is over of course) as long as you bring an ample supply of those UK delicacies. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Nice thread, for me, my other interests/hobbies include:

• 1 to 2 trips per year to the Nurburgring in my car. We go as a group of friends with about 6 cars in total. Have been doing this for the last 3 years and love it.
    • Training and fitness - Used to be a daily gym goer until this silly virus came about. Now I'm just making use of dumbbells and body weight exercises combined with cross trainer at home to keep in shape.
    • Motorbike Trackdays - Like to do a couple per year. I was supposed to be at Donny this Saturday gone until the rain and thunder decided to cancel it for me :(
    • My German Shepherd - He's 18 months old now and I love him to bits. Used to have one as a kid, so when my 8 year old daughter starting asking for a dog, I knew we had to get another and although hard work at times, he's absolutely worth it :)

• Like Like x 8
  18. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany
    IMG-20200610-WA0034.jpg

19. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany
    My good neighbours have spottet my self mounted Split AC....yesterday I finished Installation Nummer 4. :tired_face:.I hope for my retired peace now.

• Like Like x 3
  20. dreitopf

dreitopf Active Member

Feb 27, 2020
    Germany
    IMG-20200604-WA0031.jpg

• Like Like x 4