What Not To Do When Racing

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by joe mc donald, Mar 9, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham

Just thought I would post this one of Pauls crash last year. The one that put him in hospital and did a lot of damage. If you are looking Bad Billy and the newbie wanting to race. Even though Tracks are safer you can still get hurt.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Painful :eek:

Looks like the Ty-Croes circuit on Anglesey :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tiglet.
    Yes you got it in one. It was his favourite track and I think he just got over confident. Yes he has just got back to normal again.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I usually get to Ty-Croes a couple of times a season.

I enjoy watching clubmans and Classic racing over bsb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tiglet.
    Yes wonderful area. This was the later autumn meet for the Thunder sports 600's
    I felt for him so much. He was lying second in the series. He tried so hard to compete in the next round. I can't remember which track think it may have been Donnington as all he had to do was finish the last two races to stay second. But he got less the quarter of a mile and had to pull out. And never tell him but it brought a tear to my eye for him. The Passion and devotion it took for him to complete the season.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    It’s so sad when the season ends like that.

It doesn’t matter if it’s Motogp or a club series when your chasing a championship it’s a long tough season mate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tiglet.
    You are so right. As he was funding his season out of his own pocket aided by the bank of Mum And Dad were possible it was down heartening for him. As Bad Billy has said here a few times. It's not a cheap sport. I think we should go back to the old times but I would not suggest it to him. But back at home we would put up a kitty and pick two points around the Antrim coast roads and first back picked up the kitty. Can't ever remember picking it up though.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1