What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    If I could have the weather that @Sandi T
    has it would be perfect !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    We’ll, now even I am feeling better about my breakfast, @Dartplayer! I learn something new every day. Thanks for doing a little research for me because I learned some new things about my beloved green corn tamales from you. :):kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Dougie D
    Then you wouldn’t need the muffs, Dougie! :sun::cool:;):joy: Or at least not very often.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

There are many of us who like a bit of muff but sadly don’t get it as often as we’d like…

Is this yet another example of those English to American misunderstandings?

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Actually, from your post it's clear that "muff" has the same meaning(s) here as there, @Cyborgbot. I was tempted to crack a joke about Dougie and his muffs, but I decided to exercise a bit of restraint. ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i also wouldn't need to wear a t shirt and 3 fleece tops under a padded jacket ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Wonderful photos and extraordinary fishes!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This afternoon I rode over to our local Harley dealership to meet up with a friend and see what Black Friday sales we might find. We'd received an advertisement in the mail that anyone shopping today would get a $20 "gift card" good towards anything in the store. If nothing else it was a good excuse to ride a bit and hit the dealership to see what new goodies--or bikes--might have come in since we last were there. I was on my Low Rider S and my ride buddy was on his Heritage Classic.
    IMG_4675.jpeg

IMG_4679.jpeg

We were parked near the Service Department so started there. There were a large number of bikes in the "waiting area" of service including this 1979 shovelhead that was quite distinctive. I'd love to meet the owner!
    IMG_4669.jpeg

IMG_4671.jpeg

Next to that bike was a Sportster that immediately looked VERY familiar to me. It turns out that it belongs to my friend and boss, Leila, with whom I was scheduled to ride last Saturday until her bike began to make some very disturbing sounds. And now here it is, sitting in the service department to get that all figured out and fixed.
    IMG_4673.jpeg

Nothing jumped out at me today that I had to have even with my Black Friday $20 gift card to use which was only valid today. I did learn that you could only use the gift card on full price items and the only thing that interested me was a good-looking long sleeve tee shirt but it was on sale so no additional discount could be applied. So no purchase today. I was, however, smitten with this 2021 Fat Boy in Black Jack Metallic! I'm sure they'd have let me use the $20 gift card if I bought that bike but that $20 wouldn't have gone very far on that particular purchase I'm afraid!
    IMG_4683.JPG

Back home again in the driveway just as the sun was starting to sink in the west. IMG_4680.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Love Fatboys, looks very comfortable :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I love Fat Boys, too, @Dartplayer. Mr. Sandi had one (a 2001) when we first started dating and I rode pillion with him so they've also got a bit of sentimental value to me. I got the opportunity to ride one 100+ miles through the Texas Hill Country a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Very comfy, handled well even with those fat tires. Right now it's the one bike that would make me contemplate a trade even a little bit.

• Like Like x 3
  11. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Just rode down to fill the tank, it would skin ye... bitter cold. Roads are dry but there are frozen puddles about o_O so tank is filled, and fuel stabiliser added. Thats probably it for a few months for me, gritters have been out too. Guitar season starts now!

• Like Like x 8
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1672 Sandi T, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    @andyc1
    Glad you've got that guitar (or those guitars??) to tide you over until you are out riding again, andy. When I wind up riding with riding friends--and without Mr. Sandi-- it's usually because he's opting to stay home to play his guitars. ;):)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#1673 Cyborgbot, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2021
    Have no photos but took my son to pick up his Honda CBF125 after the garage did an awesome job of fixing the electrics.

I haven’t taking pillion for a while so was a bit nervous but did enjoy showing him what a bigger bike could do - within safe limits of wet, oily, freezing roads. I.e we did 30 every where.

After collecting the bike and being shown the broken bits (which are were definitely knackered) we went off for a ride in the rain.

I kind of figured that he’s learning so getting experience in the worst of it has its value.

We made it home after scooting past Rykers in Dorking (empty as no one else was as stupid as us). We were both freezing and a bit wet.

Still, a great ride out. As are all rides.

Edit: I was just thinking - some folks like riding fast. I’ve realised I like riding slow(er) but with more interesting challenges such as flooded roads, gravel and potholes. I’d seriously think about crossing Africa but think crossing Surrey has become a more significant achievement.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Hello Everyone

Just completed a 12k major service by Muddysump. 2014 Street Triple 675R. The bike feels great. Muddysump "David" great fella and knows his Tiumphs. He was very thorough and meticulous in the way he carried out the service. He started at 9am and finished the job at 4pm. I am very happy.

• Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Ready to go for the heatwave at the end of December :)

• Funny Funny x 8
  16. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#1676 Cyborgbot, Nov 28, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2021
    A balmy 3 degrees Kelvin.

Northerners would still be out in shorts and t-shirts complaining about how climate change has raised the temperatures around Bury to uncomfortable levels.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    upload_2021-11-28_18-46-25.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks to lovely weather and time off work for the Thanksgiving holiday, I managed to get in a ride every day for the past four days. But each time I went out to the garage, my Mustang would, as @TheBeardedPunk said of his bike, seem to let out a sigh. Mostly of disgust, I think, since it seemed to have accumulated about an inch thick layer of dust. And I can't drive fast enough in town for it to simply blow off. ;):joy: Though I do my best. ;)

So, I finally washed my non-Triumph Ford this afternoon after Mr. Sandi and I returned from our Sunday morning group motorcycle ride. And afterwards my car DEFINITELY breathed a sigh of relief. As did I.

Yesterday I ran a few errands which required trunk space. So I took my car and the odometer turned over to 5,000 miles while I was out and about. I'll have had it two years at the end of this coming January. Nothing like a pandemic and months of primarily working from home to keep the mileage down. :joy:
    IMG_4718.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  19. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    While eating Bury Black Pudding on a muffin slathered in english mustard. :yum:yum:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

If I had that car I’d definitely put off becoming an eco warrior for a few more years.

Broom broom - or is it more of a deep throated gurgle of infinite power, menace and presence?

It sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

I think my wife passed her driving test in a 1968 (ish) convertible model when she was 16 (maybe younger as I didn’t listen). Insane.

Edit: This isn’t it, but would have looked similar.

B3C85D56-C2A9-41D8-BBD8-60E3642693FF.jpeg

• Like Like x 7