What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    A yes I wondered if someone would recognise it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK

I saw people with cameras at the level crossing coming back into our village today as I was returning from a ride on my little YBR....being a curious sort I stopped and asked them what they were waiting for. The Mayflower was about to come past - apparently a special sight in the train world so I stayed to see it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Which line is this on?

5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This afternoon I did a solo ride on my H-D Low Rider S on one of my favorite routes--Saddlebrooke and Rancho Vistoso. It was a beautiful day and the ride was good therapy. I am coming to love solo rides more and more these days though I'm not sure why. I guess the world just seems to have gone a bit loony and riding helps me to feel calm and clear my head.

The big standout on today's ride was the unbelievable number of butterflies flying about. Hundreds upon hundreds! I read up a bit after getting home and it turns out that the increase is due to how much rain we've received this monsoon season. Mr. Sandi and Ellie and I have also noticed how many butterflies there are during our morning walks along the Rillito River. But there were so many on the ride today that I found myself trying to dodge them as I was riding! If you've driven a car at night in a snowstorm, that's sort of what it felt like. I'd be riding along and the butterflies would come at me like those big fat snowflakes. And many of them hit my helmet--my face shield in particular--leaving a trail of bug guts. :p:eek:

Early on in the ride I was sitting at a stop light when a large butterfly landed on my handlebars and just sat there. I'd have pulled my phone out for a photo but figured the moment I got my glove off and my phone out that the light would change. So I just watched for a bit then shooed it off my bars. Interestingly it moved only a foot or so and landed on my right arm just below my shoulder and just sat there. It wouldn't move when I shook my arm and had to shoo it off. Does that mean something? Is there some lore or superstition about a butterfly hanging around you? Anyway, I then watched it fly over and land on the passenger window of the car sitting right next to me in the turn lane to my left. The woman driving the car had watched the whole thing and we gave each other a thumbs up. :) Butterflies--uniting the world! :D

Here are a couple of photos at my usual stop in Saddlebrooke for an energy drink. (Following the "no photos--didn't happen" rule.) I wound up talking with a woman who commented on how much she liked my bike. Turns out her son is a motorcyclist (and she used to be) who rides a Triumph Daytona. It was a lovely conversation and a great reminder of how bikes bring people together. Motorcycles--uniting the world! :D Well, maybe that's an overstatement. :rolleyes: But it certainly made for a pleasant 15 minutes. :blush:
    IMG_2126.jpeg

Loved the sign in the window--"It's a desert thing". I think that's more applicable to the water and ice dispensers than Pepsi, myself. I had to Google Blue Rhino. It's propane.
    IMG_2127.jpeg

https://www.kold.com/2021/08/27/butterfly-populations-soar-after-monsoon-rains/

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 10.11.14 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I had to Google the line name as I only know where it runs from and to - it's the Welsh Marches Line. Looks like the train was on The Welsh Dragon tour. I saw the Flying Scotsman when I was out running too probably about 2019 - assume pre covid. I know nothing about trains at all (can you tell??!!) but have to admit the steam trains are a lovely sight and sound.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Sounds like you had a lovely time - my superstitious grandmother used to say that it meant something new or exciting was going to happen to you if it landed on you....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Umm….

83694140-2DED-4FCF-BAA5-A40FAB0BF2AC.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Well it wasn't a pretty bike to start with.
    Should be on one of those tv shows "when cosmetic surgery goes wrong" :joy:
    On such an expensive bike to start with too - someone's having a laugh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I actually thought the fairing was held on with tape until I zoomed in and realised its the paint. At least if it was tape you'd pass it off as a joke! Unfortunately someone called that finished :joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    The owner should be taken aside and shot :scream:

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    How do you see where your going

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I can only presume it’s between the headlight and fairing?
    Or, you actually stand on the seat??!?!?
    Either way, holy fu;! balls…

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Ducatitotriumph

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    One thing is for sure, it’s way too fugly for even pumping out ditches….

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    849F151B-A7D9-4595-BCE4-0C197AA922F6.jpeg 4083DC66-DBAB-404D-AD2A-3AD25005F2FE.jpeg Had a run around the Cheshire lanes on the interceptor today. Lovely weather :):)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. andyc1

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Stop!... its hammer time :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018