What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, here it is Thursday and I'm just now sharing about what I did with my Triumph last Sunday. I'm a bit behind (understatement) on my forum activity. That...and pretty much everything else, too. :eek::joy:

Six of us rode north of Tucson up to one of our Covid era breakfast joints. We just can't seem to muster much energy or enthusiasm to venture further afield these days. However, the ride itself was gorgeous because we've had so much rain that everything is stunningly green and lush here in the desert. In fact, we're only about an inch and a half from setting a record for the most rain ever during our monsoon season which "officially" ends on September 30th. With some of the storms off the Mexican Pacific coast right now, we may well hit that in the next week or so.

I also realized that in among the photos I took on our Sunday morning breakfast ride, I neglected to take even one of my Speed Triple RS! :rolleyes: I did, however, take a photo of knives. :) It has become a "thing" that each of us carries a pocket knife on our rides and then--if we remember--we compare and share over a cup of coffee. I have three at the moment--one for each of my bikes that sort of match each bike. One of our buddies counted up his collections recently and it was something over 30! He collects a lot of stuff--knives are just the latest. Can you guess which knife is mine??

So a few pics from this past Sunday's ride. There were six of us--two on Triumphs (a Thruxton and my Speed Triple), one on a Suzuki, and three on Harleys this time around. With no photographic evidence, you'll just have to trust that I was on my Speed. ;)

IMG_2057.jpeg

IMG_2055.jpeg

IMG_2065.jpeg

This is Lula who was with her owners at the next table over. She was absolutely adorable and quite friendly. I've always had a soft spot for Bostons.

IMG_2059.jpeg

IMG_2063.jpeg

Oracle Patio Cafe has permanently closed their indoor area to dining and has converted it to a local market for food and beverage products as well as work from local artisans. To make their outdoor dining more inviting they have added more covered seating which is a welcome addition, especially during warmer (or bloody hot!) weather.

IMG_2069.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I have a soft spot for Boston Terriërs- they're lovely (if somewhat stubborn :laughing:).
    I can’t guess which knife is yours, but I do like to bring this with me when out riding.
    20210902_180931.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Hi Sandy, I prefer the look of the black knife, :cool:but think yours maybe the blue one. :eek:.
    Just a guess, your certainly never lost for a ride out, in fact your Spoilt :p:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    I carry the exact same. I noticed now all the leather man multi tools do not come with the leather case, so cherish it. They are all now nylon.
    @Sandi T I would guess yours is the Opinel?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #1345 Vulpes, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    It was a gift from the FIL some 20 years ago - I'm very happy with my leather case and do cherish it!
    I trust you being at the eastern end of Tennessee (or so I reckon) you kept your feet dry? From the news it looked like complete mayhem in central Tennessee...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hahaha! I just realized that I put my post about last Sunday's ride on my Speed Triple in the "What Have You Been Doing With Your Non-Triumph"! I really do need a "do-over" for this entire week, I think. Turns out it's a good thing I didn't have a photo of my Triumph to include in my ride report. On the other hand, perhaps I'd have noticed I was posting it in the wrong thread. Sheesh......... :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That's a great Leatherman, @Vulpes. :) I'm thinking I should probably be carrying something like that with me when riding. Probably even when I'm driving. Hmmm...maybe when I'm out for a walk?! :confused:

I haven't really known any Bostons--only met a few in passing out on the dog walking path near our house. I think I like them because they remind me of mini boxers. I do have a soft spot for smushed-nose dogs. :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Nope, not the blue one, @TEZ 217. Good guess, though, as blue is one of my favorite colors. :) Actually, for his most recent birthday, Mr. Sandi and I gifted this blue Kershaw to our buddy who rides a blue Street Glide.

Nope I'm never lost for a ride out. But I just had an appointment with my surgeon who asked if I was riding my motorcycles a lot. I said "not enough"--mostly a Saturday solo ride and a Sunday small group ride, weather permitting. I told him that if I could I would ride every day. Still making up for lost time......... :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I do love that patina on your leather case--it's evident that you cherish it, @OsteKuste. Nope, not the Opinel. ;) Hope you're staying safe and at least somewhat dry through the storms back in your neck of the woods. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The knife in the photo in my Sunday ride post that's my knife is the silver Gerber. To my eye, the reason this knife "matches" my Speed Triple is the trellis-like design similarities between the two. This knife was a gift from Mr. Sandi a couple of years ago. He has one just like it and I was admiring it so he surprised me with one and said that "every motorcyclist ought to carry a knife with them".

The other two knives in this photo were also gifts. The Kershaw with the matte black blade was a birthday gift from my best girlfriend and her husband with whom we ride. And the Kershaw with the brighter orange finish and the silver blade was a Christmas gift from Mr. Sandi. My birthday is two days before Christmas and neither of the "gifters" knew they were giving me essentially the same knife so--lucky me--I wound up with two! :joy::joy: I carry the matte knife on my matte black Low Rider S and the shiny knife on my Street Glide Special.
    IMG_2093.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. pidjones

pidjones New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    East Tennessee
    Ran a few errands. Took the Spyder. On the way home, it was such a nice day that the long way was taken through Norris Dam state park. 1618981519507.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Do you have the same laws about carrying knives as us?

Our EDC (every day carry) knives (not needing a valid reason to carry) must not have a fixed blade. The blade must be 7.62cm or less (appx 3”). Must not have a locking blade and a few other things like it not being a throwing, flick, zombie knife etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1353 Sandi T, Sep 2, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    I don't intend to derail this thread (and I already reported what I did with my Triumph in a non-Triumph thread post) but..... Holy moly! We barely have laws about carrying guns much less knives, @Cyborgbot! I don't ever hear anyone worrying about--or even talking about--carry knife requirements.

While this info I'm sharing is about gun laws in Texas, it illustrates my point. In particular, scroll down to the question about what kinds of guns are legal. There was just a big article in our local paper today about "gun issues" in the U.S. It's an ongoing discussion--and problem.

https://www.texasgunlaws.org

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 2.00.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 2.05.49 PM.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Wow - sounds like rule one: there are no rules!

Our laws are draconian although I did get one of these this week - only in .22LR though.

45D77877-1589-4A05-AA84-84DE904CDD37.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  15. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    I picked the right knife but silver? it sure looks grey to me but hey mabe I'm colour blind?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    We mainly got some heavy rain for a bit, but no flooding in my area. Looks like the beginning of a wet Fall though. I am hoping for some dry weather at some point, this is my favorite time of year to ride!

• Like Like x 2
  17. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    i saw one of tbe new RE interceptors in chicago the other day. went by me too fsst to get a look.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    You're right, Stephen. It's really much more gray than silver. I never know where the line is along the silver -- gray continuum. You're not color blind (as far as I know!). I just biffed on the color name. :confused::joy:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Great little video about the Interceptor. I did laugh at the first line of lyrics in the background song relative to your comment though, @speedrattle. ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Here is my trusted knife, which I have had for as many years as I can remember.....

20210903_094113928_iOS.jpg 20210903_094122646_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 3