What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. speedrattle

speedrattle Senior Member

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    thats always an interesting contrast. compared to the older ones, the modern triumphs are faster, more reliable, take less maintenance, and are excellent motorcycles in every way that they were designed for.

most of my stuff is old --drum brakes, oil leaks, problematic ignitions and pleistocene carburetors, slower (some of them. not all), and require lots more attention. but i wouldn't trade. i've got several newer machines (1997 and 2007 is new, i guess), but the old butt shakers are always the ones i take out first.

i confess i don't take them on cross country trips anymore, but most of that is because there is no longer a dealer network for stuff i need.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    20210828_144019.jpg 20210828_144010.jpg Went for a great ride around Dorset,today.Rugby 7s, on near my home in Bournemouth,so very busy,but the little gpz,is great carving through traffic.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Went out on my non-Triumph H-D Low Rider S for a solo 60 miler this afternoon before the big monsoon hit. Gorgeous weather, quiet roads, my motorcycle playlist playing in my helmet. I rode into Catalina State Park to gaze at the clouds and the mountains then rode to my local H-D dealership to say hi to the guys. Unfortunately, I learned that all three of the service writers, the service manager (and his wife and two kids), as well as two of the four mechanics have all tested positive for Covid. Eek! I didn't hang out there longer than it took to learn that bad news and to get a cold drink out of the vending machine.
    Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 11.00.43 PM.png

IMG_2034.jpeg

IMG_2042.jpeg

IMG_2046.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I really miss visiting America.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    Awesome

6. speedrattle

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    #1326 speedrattle, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    ouch

stay safe.

i drive a truck for a living so my human contacts often comprise no more than one minute a day. but even tben i try to keep it minimal.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1327 Sandi T, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Thanks. One minute, if that, is about how long I stuck around after I heard the news. I won’t be going back to that dealership for a long time. You stay safe, too. Sounds like any viral load you’re exposed to is very minimal, thankfully.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. speedrattle

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    yes. i typically drive 400 to 600 miles a day, and im within 6 feet ofanotber human being only when i buy coffee in the morning or wheni hand over shippong documents. until i get home im pretty generally by myself.

iused to be a commercial beekeeper. when you do that you are alone 100 percent of tbe time. nobody comes nearyou.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Heck that’s a lot of driving!

What’s the vehicle you use? Can’t be a Triumph as you’d be broke from servicing it every week…

Photos?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. speedrattle

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    #1330 speedrattle, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    nope

1998 international. 673,000 miles and still gets 6.5 mpg ay 70 mph. nice old truck.

[​IMG]

today i drove 47 000 pounds of flooring 413 miles from michigan to ohio. shut down early so i can be at tbe customer in pennsylvania at 0700.

doing this is why my motorcycles dont get ridden much. but like i was telling sandi, it keeps me quarantined automatically. my life has not changed at all since covid started-- when i work im alone, and i live way off in the country when im home. my nearest neighbor is three quarters of a mile away, iand i talk to him once or twice a year

actually i am not alone. there has been a mouse living in my truck with me for a month now. havent seen him but he wakes me up at night eating my crackers

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Thanks for the picture and write up. I don’t think people in Europe get the scale of America - or the trucks needed to keep it open. I’m certainly shocked every time I hear some statistics about size, GDP, population etc.

Texas alone makes Europe look teeny.

Not surprising therefore the mileage your truck has covered.

8C7441F0-89ED-4CDB-8B05-B54D0B714668.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. speedrattle

Feb 19, 2021
    appalachia usa
    #1332 speedrattle, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    i have a one ton truck i used for hauling bees. holds 60 beehives. 500 000 miles on it and its on its 4th engine. my 2 ton has an odometer stopped at 600 000 miles from before i bought it.

theres lots of miles around here. texas is 800 miles however you measure. ,california is over 1000 north to south.

where i live in tbe east things are smaller. but its all relative. if you took alaska and divided it in two, both pieces would be larger than texas.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    America is definitely a huge span coast to coast. The closest I am to the east coast from where I am in eastern Tennessee is about an 8hr drive. If I drive to the west coast (which I’ve done several times) it takes about four or five days on interstate routes at a minimum. If I drive north I can reach the Canadian border closer than I can reach the western border of Tennessee.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

As a self proclaimed Intergalactic Warlord, I’d have expected your spaceship to be faster… It’s probably adversely impacted by green E10 fuel being pushed by governments. ;):)

Edit: Do you have E10 in the USA?

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    As an Intergalactic Warlord I would expect he's from a much more advanced civilisation than us, hence his spaceship will run on much greener fuel, probably fresh air. Therefore it won't be quite as fast as you were thinking. :confused::D

Edit: Could even be grass, that's very green.

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    That already exists Marty, ask Doc Emmet Brown about :grinning:

upload_2021-9-1_15-24-24.png

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    We have E10 in the US, for some time now. My spaceship is actually also a time machine which I use to travel forward in time. I then collect oil deposited by ancient humans that went extinct millennia before. Some say due to following something called a politician

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Had the interceptor in for annual service. Now time to take the long road home lol ;):)

• Like Like x 3