What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1221 Sandi T, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    Yesterday I had my non-Triumph (and non bike) Mustang professionally washed, polished, and waxed. I've decided that it's worth it to do that once a year to try to keep up with maintaining the black paint on my car which is highly susceptible to swirls and micro scratches no matter how careful I am.

The guys at the detailing place are great and the prices are quite fair as well. The key this time was getting it home when the roads were dry and it wasn't raining. That's definitely not something I thought would be a concern when I made the appointment several weeks ago! Of course I'll wind up driving it in the rain at some point--and definitely in the dust. But it would be nice to keep it all clean and shiny for at least a little while. :rolleyes:

IMG_1118.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    It threatened rain today but we didn't get any until this evening. After checking the weather prediction late in the morning I decided to go out for a little ride on my Low Rider S. I didn't want to get too far from home in case the skies opened up. So I just rode over to our local Harley dealership to say hi to the folks I know there and to see what new bikes they might have gotten in recently. It was also nice to get out and take advantage of the more reasonable temperatures we've had over the past several days.
    IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.PNG

The first thing I saw when I walked into the dealership was this pirate-themed trike in the service department. While it is unique, I thought the owner went a little overboard. ;):skull:
    IMG_1125.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    tzr 125 r had its MOT today passed as usual, no real surprise as its only done 665 miles since 2017. and now with a fresh MOT she will have to go sadly but my thumbs and wrists cant cope anymore will start with facebay and see if any interest. if she goes will hopefully look for an old brit bike to do up.
    20200823_160735.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Fitted my new satnav mount on the interceptor. Bloody fiddly job getting the wiring to the ignition.
    Needed some additional cable ties, so pulled out the tiger and headed for Halfords. I had planned to come home the long way, but It was so hot I came straight home. Still the interceptor is now ready for my Scotland trip in August. :)

• Like Like x 6
  5. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Oyy!!! if you don't mind that is my parking spot.:grinning:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Used to have one of them (not the GT). Mine was white with a black vinyl roof and a thin red stripe down each side, NWY 697K, my first car. I used to polish it just about every week !

• Like Like x 2
  7. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Mine was diarrhoea brown with black vinyl roof :joy:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Couldn't resist not going out today,30c:cool: took a wee run up to Linn Of Dee @andypandy you were asking me about it. you go past the Hungry Highlander then straight through the village then onto the road to Linn Of Dee (It's only about 7 miles away) It's worth going to if your up in Braemar
    20210717_142909.jpg
    On the road up you will pass this bridge it's on the left as you go towards Linn Of Dee
    20210717_150650.jpg

If you go over it and take a left it will take you to Mar Lodge, you can hire it out for weddings & other events
    20210717_150345.jpg

Bridge at Linn Of Dee
    20210717_144805.jpg

View from the left side of bridge
    20210717_145126.jpg

View from the right side of bridge
    20210717_145301.jpg

View on the road back to Braemar
    20210717_143441.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  9. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Thanks for that, very impressive hoose, bet it costs a bob or two.
    So next question. When riding round Scotland I'm always seeing signs "Mains of 'place name'", what is this thing Mains ?

10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1230 Sandi T, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    @littleade
    Ade, your washing procedures sound a lot like mine. ;) I don't have a jetwash but do have a good nozzle on the hose. I do use a snow foam/"foam cannon" to lather up the car after giving it a good rinse to knock off some of the dust (and there's a LOT of dust in the desert!). I also use the 2 bucket method which I originally learned about from my riding buddy, Dena. She has a 2017 Mustang. And I'm a stickler for my microfibre towels as well. I use a specific microfiber liquid detergent that I get form Chemical Guys. A nice side effect of all this is that I have good towels, soaps, etc for the bikes, too.

Yes, it's quite difficult to avoid washing the Mustang in direct sunlight. And the intense sun here coupled with the ultra low humidity makes it tough to get to the whole car without parts drying before you can get to them even if the car is in the shade. Fortunately the configuration of our garage helps. The driveway is on the west side of the house and it does have a bit of overhang. So I have to get up early to get the car washed before the sun rises and starts to peek up over the roofline. That's a lot more difficult in the summer when the sun rises VERY early. :eek::scream: If I miss my window of opportunity for some reason I usually just wait until another day. During the shorter days of the year it's a lot easier and I don't have to rush quite so quickly to be out the door and get the job done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What I did with my non-Triumph today was let it sit in the garage. I had planned to ride my H-D Low Rider S to breakfast with some friends this morning. But Mother Nature had other ideas. So I traded a ride for an apple fritter and a second cup of coffee. It's hard to be too upset by some rain when you live in the desert in the middle of a drought! So I relaxed with my fritter and coffee, read the Sunday paper, and watched the last stage of the Tour de France. A lovely, relaxing morning. :) It was a reminder, however, that I prefer riding motorcycles to nearly everything else. ;):) Even apple fritters!!
    IMG_1201.jpeg

IMG_1198.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I had some vouchers from my son for my birthday, so headed of to J&S accessories on the interceptor. Got some base level pants and top in preparation for when the weather turns. I then headed to my favourite burger van for lunch. A Hereford egg and cheese burger with a brew. Lovely. The ride home was good as well :):)

C7DF881B-54E7-4D36-92DA-7D48874D0C04.jpeg

ABB04954-D97D-48BD-90ED-AE0B26AF5B23.jpeg

Had a chance to test out the new satnav mount. All worked well, so definitely ready for Scotland next month.
    78BA59D9-2CFD-4BC8-B363-2EAF40A0D1A7.jpeg

96C4D52E-59B6-4D5B-8C4D-993FDED14B84.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  13. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hi Wessa,

Could you provide a link for your sat nav mount please ?

I've changed bikes and can no longer use my home made mirror mount on a speedmaster.

Many thanks JJ

14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Are you after the full mount and plate for your satnav? What satnav do you have as it does make a difference on what you will need?

I needed the full kit, including the handlebar bracket, power cable, the base plate and actual mount for my garmin zumo 396.

if you can provide a bit more information on your satnav I’m sure I can assist.

15. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Thanks for the quick reply Wessa.

I've got A Zumo 595 with the standard mounting kit. A U clamp with ball bolted to the handle bar. Your bar mounted bracket looks a lot tidier. Can that be bought as a separate piece.

Thanks

16. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    @Wessa you look very focused in that mirror, Steve... :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Just washed 600 miles worth of bugs and tar off the bike... been to Donegal on fri, then a blast round the Antrim coast, fitted new tyres and hit the coast again this morning... its a tough life :) no pictures unfortunately, riding the beast takes full priority when its this much fun :cool:

• Like Like x 6
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Didn’t notice the mirror picking me up. Yep I do look focussed, not sure why cause it was an easy take lol :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yes you can buy separately, I will forward a link when I get home later. Have to say though the mount I used was a U clamp as well ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi mate here is the mount that I bought.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-RAM...=1626723502&sprefix=garmin+ram,aps,175&sr=8-2

and the power cable.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-010...8470a&pd_rd_wg=2NRI1&pd_rd_i=B008JAFHLK&psc=1

And the actual mount.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-010...43e1b&pd_rd_wg=Dk5Bu&pd_rd_i=B008JAFHG0&psc=1

• Like Like x 1