What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Thats the polish i use, it's good stuff and lasts a good while before needing done again

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    What did you use to clean the black engine covers?

3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Just water and shampoo then dry with a soft cloth. I did wonder about the engine covers and what to use but as another heavy downpour was imminent I left it. They look ok as they are though.

4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Agreed they do look ok, I thought maybe you had put something on them as they do look very clean:)

5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Motorex moto protect is brilliant for cleaning engine and plastics! Not cheap though

• Useful Useful x 3
  6. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What I've been doing with my non-Triumph H-D Street Glide since returning from our eight-day (with seven days of rain) Southwestern U.S. road trip......

Washed...and washed....and washed it. I do believe this is the dirtiest a bike that I've owned has ever been! Just when I thought I'd gotten rid of all the road grime and grit, I'd take another look and realize I'd only removed another layer and had more to go! :joy: Now I have more empathy for those of you who live in places with rainy climates. :D
    IMG_0950.jpeg

Two days later--today--I brought it in for my 5K service. My bike turned over to 4K as well as 5K during our travels so I was a bit past due. My pocketbook was glad that I'd bought the maintenance package for the 1K, 5K, and 10K services when I originally bought the bike.
    IMG_1042.jpeg

The dealership doesn't open until 10:00am these days. Nice in the winter but not so much in the dead of summer. It was a little "toasty" on the ride home. For us here in Tucson, 25% humidity is pretty high. So you can see that the feels like temperature higher than the actual temperature. And having been up in the mountains for nearly a week in balmy temperatures, I was feeling it today. :p We only live 10 miles from the dealership, though, so it wasn't bad for long.
    IMG_1045.PNG
    IMG_1046.PNG

Tucked safely in the garage, all clean and shiny and serviced. And eager for another road trip!
    Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 3.42.15 PM.png

Oh, and I bought another FOB!!! (An inside joke for those of you who've read about my "fob incident" in the thread I posted about our road trip adventures.) ;):joy:
    IMG_1048.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  7. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Had a great time playing round the beautiful Antrim Glens this morning. Have to remind myself how lucky I am sometimes. Its not Scotland but there are stunning roads and if your out reasonably early, no traffic :) cherry on top is doing it on a big V-twin! The ultimate road bike :heart_eyes:
    1625921530735.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Had a few hours this afternoon riding around Glen Isla, went up a track as i didn't know where it lead, turns out after a few miles it ends up at someone's Farm House
    20210710_153706.jpg

Glen Isla which is next to Glenshee has some lovely roads, not as good as Glenshee but still pretty good
    20210710_155154.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  9. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    20210711_131617.jpg 20210711_151833.jpg Went for a short ride,stretched the little 550s legs

• Like Like x 7
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #1210 Sandi T, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Seven of us rode up Mt. Lemmon this morning. It's the first time I've ridden up Lemmon since last fall and the very first time I've had my Low Rider S on the mountain. It was great fun to ride the 25 miles worth of twisties on my little H-D (well, the smaller of my two Harleys anyway). The temperature at Ski Valley where we had breakfast at The Iron Door was over 20 degrees cooler than the temps down in Tucson. Quite refreshing!

IMG_1054.jpeg

We saw lots of bikes on the mountain this morning, both on the road going up or back and also here at the top.
    Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 11.07.22 PM.png

The Bighorn Fire was raging on Mt. Lemmon one year ago. There's still lots of evidence of the damage it wrought--and will be for the rest of my lifetime. :(
    IMG_1059.jpeg

Enjoying the cooler temperatures while waiting for the restaurant to open. You can just see one of the ski runs behind me. Mt. Lemmon Ski Valley in the Santa Catalina Mountains is the southernmost ski destination in the continental U.S.
    Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 11.31.48 PM.png

IMG_1064.jpeg

Looking down to the parking lot from the stairs into The Iron Door restaurant.
    IMG_1062.jpeg

The restaurant has indoor seating with a huge fireplace--great for winter but not so much in the summer. We usually opt for the lattice-covered deck that looks out to the ski slopes.
    IMG_1069.jpeg

On the way back down the mountain we typically stop near Milepost 9 at a lookout called Seven Cataracts or "Seven Cats" for short. Here we take off some layers we've added if it's really cold at the top. Or like today, those who have brought cooling vests break them out and put them on under their mesh jackets. The views from here are spectacular and photos definitely don't do the view justice. But I'll post one anyway. ;):joy:
    IMG_1074.jpeg

Our riding buddy, Randy, rode his sweet little red Thruxton today. I love this bike. Makes me miss my Thruxtons.
    IMG_1080.jpeg

IMG_1077.jpeg

Arrived back home with 88 miles on the clock and a Tucson temperature reading of 100ºF.

• Like Like x 17
  11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    What a fantastic little run, i think I'd be having breakfast there once a week!:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    It's a fantastic ride, Dougie. It's especially nice in the summer when the temperatures at the base of the mountain are nearly unbearable. As you ride up, you can first start to feel the temperature drop around Milepost 8 and continue to cool as you climb. Spending some time at the summit is a welcome respite from the heat.

And the riding itself is terrific. :grinning: Yesterday as we rode down, I thought to myself that I should attempt to count how many curves there are from bottom to top sometime. But there are so many I'd probably lose track! In the summers on the weekend, especially, there does tend to be a lot of traffic because lots of people have the same idea about escaping the heat for the day.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    was going to head up to Braemar but the closer i got the darker it looked, so i decided to take the road over to Pitlochry,about 5 miles from Pitlochry i noticed a gate to a track that is usually padlocked was open so i decided to go along for a look
    pit 1.jpg

pit 2.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  14. J S Chappell

J S Chappell Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wandering
    Dougie, you certainly get out and about, well done to you. We normally holiday in Braemar or Ballater each year, sometimes two visits. So I recognise many of the routes that you take, and really enjoy your photos. How many miles per annum do you achieve around the Highlands each year?

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  15. SHarper

SHarper Active Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Sheffield
    CD41AD9F-F85D-4583-838F-699CE21AA3FC.jpeg
    The week before last, had a bimble around ‘The Borders’

CACCAC0D-ADD0-43B2-AC4A-5F8987D7EB31.jpeg

This week, I took advantage of the empty roads while the kickball was on.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i would guess around 12k between my 2 bikes, i usually have a run up to Braemar at least once a week as it's a great road and only a 70 mile round trip

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'd been looking at a route on google maps, it was through a part of Glen Lyon that I'd never been too. on Google maps it showed a road just as you leave Killin that takes you up towards Glen Lyon but there was break in the road for about 50 yards, i zoomed in on the road and there was a metal gate, i couldn't make out if it had a padlock on it or not, so i decided to go anyway, glad i did as the gate wasn't padlocked, the road looked pretty bad but it actually got worse for about half a mile there was no tar just a road full of stones and it was uphill all the way. then the road turned into a normal single track which was a relief!
    gate.jpg

Another gate!
    20210714_130738.jpg

View with Loch Lyon Dam on the left
    view 1.jpg
    closer view of the Dam
    view 2.jpg

Another small Dam Stronuich Reservoir
    view 3.jpg

lovely views and the weather was perfect about 25c
    view 4.jpg

The road eventually takes you to Glen Lyon Post Office (I've been to before as there is another road from there that leads to about half way up Loch Tay) sat outside in the sun for a while
    Glen Lyon post Officetearoom.jpg

About 5 miles from the post office is the small village of Fortingall, there's a few houses like this with thatched roofs
    fortingal.jpg
    Fortingall is famous for "The Fortingall Yew" believed to be the oldest tree in Britain 2-3 thousand years old. it's in the local grave yard
    fortingal yew.jpg

Noticed this sign on a gate at one of the houses, Don't know why he has his mirrors covered with bags?
    20210714_144355.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  18. Iron

Iron Guest

Alledgegdelly.....allegelly....apparranty...seemingally...evidentablely...erm, jeez, by all accounts, stops your mirrors getting a visit from Jack Frost. Maybe they've forgotten it's summer, or maybe they've gone away until winter to get away from all the tourists. Maybe they're new. Maybe they owe the two quid and they stay on until they pay up. Maybe I should go have a lie down. :no_mouth: Over.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    That first photo needs to be made into a poster, @SHarper. Gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Got new tyres fitted today so i had a run up to the Ski centre, tyres all nicely scrubbed in now:)
    On the road back to Blairgowrie

home from Glenshee.jpg

• Like Like x 9