What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. OsteKuste

OsteKuste Intergalactic Warlord
    Subscriber

Oct 22, 2017
    Tennessee, United States
    Yes, as I’ve sealed it with mineral oil/beeswax mix. I sanded it down to a smooth finish to protect against any unwanted splinters during such “activities”! Can never be too careful...

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    This is what I was doing with my non-Triumph not only not today but not even this past weekend! This was back the previous weekend. Computer issues and new pooch have put a bit of a damper on my forum participation the past couple of weeks. :p :joy: I'm trying to get back in the saddle now--in more ways than one.

Anyway, that Saturday (hmmm, I think it was back on June 5th) I did a little solo ride of about 50 miles or so just to take a break. It was definitely therapeutic. :) And hot! :sun: Summer has arrived in the desert with a vengeance.

I rode to the north of our place and these first two photos are in the parking lot at the entrance to Catalina State Park. It was pretty quiet there today as I got out for my ride a bit late for this time of the year. Most folks that hike in the desert in the summer are out very early in the morning. But earlier in the morning on this particular day I was feeding and walking the dog. And encouraging her to "do her business" in the back yard rather than the house.
    IMG_6058.jpeg

IMG_6060.jpeg

From there I decided to swing by the local Harley dealership to get a drink of water. Or two. Or three. Did I mention it was hot? :cool::eek:
    IMG_6061.jpeg

The dealerships inventory of new motorcycles is super low. Evidently that is the case at most dealership currently. But they did have this bike on the showroom floor, an Electra Glide Revival, the first model in what H-D is calling the "Icons Collection".
    IMG_6068.jpeg

This is from H-D's main website:
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 10.00.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 10.00.37 PM.png
    And here's a blurb about the Icons Collection from Rider Magazine.

https://ridermagazine.com/2021/04/30/2021-harley-davidson-electra-glide-revival-first-look-review/

After hydrating, as it's called nowadays, I headed home because, as I mentioned, it was HOT! :sun::sun::sun: And dry. Check out the humidity........

IMG_6063.PNG
    IMG_6064.PNG

• Like Like x 7
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    The next day I did our Sunday group ride and again rode my Low Rider S. Mr. Sandi opted to stay home with the new dog (Ellie) even though I offered to stay home with her so he could ride. I'm wondering if he thinks I'm in a better mood for the rest of the day if I do a morning ride?! ;)

Our group today was "small but mighty". :) I was especially happy that my best girlfriend, Dena, did today's ride on her Indian Scout. She used to ride regularly but for one reason or another has ridden much less frequently for the past several years. Here's the gang (minus the photographer--me) in the courtyard at Coyote Pause, one of our go-to breakfast joints. Particularly during Covid.

IMG_6082.jpeg

Masking requirements (more like "requests" since our governor rescinded all Covid-related requirements some time ago) are definitely changing. This sign seems to represent what we've seen at most businesses lately. Businesses who continue to require employees to wear masks and would like patrons to wear them also tend to cite CDC and county guidelines and then hope for the best. It does seem that most folks seem to comply with the wishes of the business owners. But definitely not all.
    IMG_6087.jpeg

This was parked in front of Coyote Pause today.

IMG_6088.jpeg

A view of the courtyard where we've had breakfast many a Sunday morning during the Covid era. Thank goodness that we could ride a bit and break bread together except for the time period where we were on a stay-at-home order early in the pandemic. For me, socialization = sanity. So, too, does riding.

IMG_6092.jpeg

As we chatted after finishing our breakfast, one of the guys pointed and quietly said, "Check out the deer!" He just managed to get a photo of it before it ran off. Poor photos but the rest of us didn't get one at all. I think we were too mesmerized for the bit where we looked at the deer and he (or she) looked back at us.

Resized_20210606_095434.jpg

Resized_20210606_095435.jpg

My Low Rider S just turned over to 2,000 miles at the tail end of today's ride.

IMG_6094.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yes, I know the rules, @littleade. ;):joy: There are some photos of Ellie on the Our Pets thread already, though I've not updated in a week or two. I have some fun videos of her that I'd love to share, too, but am not sure how to post those.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pitbull

Pitbull Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jun 5, 2015
    Ashington
    Sorry for duplicate post, I originally posted this in the wrong thread so put it here and deleted the original.

Tinkering and listing all the parts I need to restore her back to original condition.

Just acquired this BSA C15 to keep the Striple company.

C15 front.jpg

C15 Left.jpg

C15 right.jpg

C15 top.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  6. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    My first bike, a C15 with a starfire tank.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    Replaced the headlight for my Victory Cross Country, after the high beam died.

IMG_0403.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    That seat looks plush.

9. Aaron Brown

Aaron Brown apprentice mad reclusive genius

Mar 8, 2021
    Austin, TX, USA
    'Tis :)

That's my Corbin touring saddle for the Cross Country. It's so damned comfortable on long rides, it's ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    20210619_103849.jpg Took the little gpz,to Sandbanks,Dorset

• Like Like x 8
  11. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    20210622_181125.jpg 20210620_143507.jpg Oil and filter change,New chain and sprockets.Then a short ride,to Mudeford Quay.

• Like Like x 6
  12. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Met up with Junior this afternoon at Seaways cafe in the quaintly named village of Fridaythorpe atop the Yorkshire Wolds.

2aseaways.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Hey, nice timing on the pic, Bonneville just going past:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Another early Sunday morning on some of my favourite roads :) I'm happy to say I love this bike every bit as much as I loved the last one :heart: it's amazing how a machine can make you feel :)
    1624793595042.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I'd still let my mates see me riding it ;):laughing:

16. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Get im Ade, I’ll hold yer coat:p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Took the S1000RR in for its service: oil, filter and brake fluid change. Had an OEM brake lever guard fitted at the same time for any future track days as it's become a mandatory requirement now with all Track Day companies.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Went out after work on some little roads I'd never been on before, this bridge that would have taken me back onto the main road had collapsed, to be fair it did say the road was closed but i thought I'd be able to sneak past any road works
    20210629_151819.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    It must have been one of the hottest days of the year so far, first time I've been able to wear my bike shirt on it's own and not under a jacket:cool:
    P1020444.JPG

@andypandy this is the pub/restaurant i was telling you about
    P1020447.JPG

P1020449.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  20. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Finished cleaning my Tracer today after it's journey around Scotland with a bit of a polish. Just managed to get the job done in between showers. I'm glad it's raining really, the garden needs it. Plenty of dry days to come.:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Clean_Yamaha 001 (2).jpg Clean_Yamaha 003 (2).jpg

Actually I've had the bike two years now and I'm pretty sure this is the first time it has met Mr Wax.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1