What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice pictures @Sandi T and it looks like you had a good drive. Good taste in music with Dire Straits as well

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @littleade
    That's a great question, Ade, and a quite understandable one. The short answer is that, no, I don't ride pillion...any more.

Here's the long answer. ;):joy: When Mr. Sandi and I started dating, he had a 2001 H-D Fat Boy and we'd go for two-up rides together which I loved. I found it not only fun but also relaxing and romantic. After doing that for I'd say about a year, I decided that I wanted to ride my own bike. After taking the MSF class and getting my first bike, I commented to Mr. Sandi that I'd still ride pillion with him sometimes. He responded, "No, you won't". After some back and forth yes---no--yes--no "debating", it turns out he was pretty much spot on. In the 11-ish years that I've been riding my own bike I've ridden on the back of his bike a grand total of two times. Those two two-up rides happened in the first couple of years and were just riding home on the back of his bike after dropping my bike off for service at the dealership.

I found that I really didn't enjoy riding pillion like I had initially for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that I really prefer riding my own bike and the second one is that once I piloted my own machine I found it tough to sit back and relax but instead focused on the road as if I was driving. These days one of the first mods that both Mr. Sandi and I make when we get a new bike is to remove the passenger footpads. Which makes me suspect that Mr. Sandi is as happy as I am to ride solo. ;):joy::heart:

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I'm with you on your current attitude to pillion riding Sandi T. I can count the number of times I've ridden pillion in the last 40yrs or so on one hand. The last time was back in the 90's when a mate gave me a lift back to the dealer to pick up my bike following a service and I was informed, in no uncertain terms, that I was a terrible pillion! The fact I was around 250lb and he was 140 may have had something to do with it!

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Beard suits you mate!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Gorgeous on all accounts. I'm curious about the mud guard on the rear tire...looks like it's just floating with no support. What am I missing?

6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Beemers have had those for a while now as have a few others. The new Trident has one. They probably work quite well but they just look a bit naff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'll probably shave it off once things get back to normal,mind you it's great not having to shave everyday ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    It's due to the EU I think, the number plate has to be the furthest thing on the bike, it does look a bit odd,but you get used to it

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I knew it!
    A taco and sun!!!!! ;):)

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Looks absolutely horrible @Sandi T :grinning:
    No way that could have been enjoyable (he lied through his teeth):grinning::grinning:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Maybe it's not such a bad thing to be a terrible pillion, @Pegscraper. It might lead to some finding alternate modes of transportation for you. ;) I think I'm ok as a pillion--I raced tandem bicycles with my ex for many years and I learned to basically be "neutral". But...streamlining and simplifying my bikes is not the only reason I always remove the passenger pegs. My ulterior motive is so I can avoid having a passenger on my bike! :joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I suffered through it, Dawsy. :eek:;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #953 Sandi T, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    Well, somebody's gotta do it, littleade. It might as well be me. :cool::kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #954 Sandi T, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    :rolleyes:
    @Ducatitotriumph
    You WERE right, D2T! Well, close anyway. ;) Sun for sure :sun: although it clouded over on the drive home. But I had a breakfast burrito, not a taco. Eggs, potatoes, chilis, and cheese in a homemade flour tortilla served with tomatillo salsa and a side of refried beans for good measure. Delicious! :yum:grinning: I did nibble on the roasted jalapeño but it was HOT! :scream: An icy margarita would have been a perfect accompaniment but it was a Sunday morning and we were riding and driving. Well, and the place doesn't serve alcohol.

IMG_3492.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    A true martyr:grinning::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    After work cycle to collect the car from MOT. This 'lake' is normally a small puddle in bottom of a dip. Must be 20m deep now! IMG_20210324_165512211_HDR_compress46.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Took my Z900rs out for a ride to the shops to get some panko bread crumbs to coat tonights fried hake with chips and peas. Then went to the chemist to get a new supply of blood pressure tablets to keep my bp in check because of all the fried food I eat with salted chips.:eek:. Then I got lost on the way home and ended up on the moors at a small dam where I used to fish about 35 years ago.

Ride 25032021 003 (2).jpg

It's quite high up and it was very windy so I didn't hang about.

Ride 25032021 002 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 12
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    The bike us looking good Andy. Glad you enjoyed your ride. I spent the day painting the roof of my garage. Knackered now so going for a soak in the bath.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Dropped my GS off yesterday for a service and an update for the TFT (they needed to do this overnight) I also was getting a replacement for my nav 6 as it has never worked properly. I collected the bike today and I asked the mechanic if he could pair my lid a Shoei Neotec to the sat nav and the TFT as I knew it wasn't as easy as it should be. He looked at me as if I'd asked him to perform brain surgery,so i said it's ok ill wait untill i have a spare several hours and cross my fingers! For some reason pairing the Shoei neotec to the GS is a right pain in the ar**

20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    It looks as though I'm not the only one struggling with this, I'm not bothered listening to music or taking calls, but I only want to hear the sat nav instructions, I'll maybe try just pairing my lid to the sat nav only and see if that works,I don't really understand why you would need to have it paired to the TFT also :confused: