What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    That is a long way on a sports bike in a day . I have done it a few years ago but would not fancy it now.The test reviews on these bikes all say they are the most comfortable of the race reps but I guess that is all relative to that style of bike. It’s surprising how quick you lose bike fitness if you don’t ride them, as we all experienced during lock down . Great effort all round .

• Like Like x 5
  2. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Nice pic's @Schuey thanks for sharing them, some endurance on a sport bike mate good on you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Thank you Sir! Yes, they are pretty comfortable for a Sportsbike, I have tried some of the rivals and this suits me better for sure. It's my third S1000RR as I've been going through their generations with them, prior to which I had a 2006 CBR1000RR Fireblade which I liked too. I was supposed to be on a track day last month, but heavy rain and thunderstorms cancelled that. Due at Donington at the end of Aug so fingers crossed the weather holds up this time :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Comfort....My second bike is an MV F4 and that too is comfortable. When compared to a bed of nails ! Enjoy your trackday. Must get a ride on one of those new S1000RR’s at some stage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Thank you mate, yes endurance indeed. As mentioned earlier feel like I've had a full on gym workout, because you're constantly leaning forwards you also end up getting a good pump on the biceps and forearms especially in the twisties when you're moving side to side and leaning over etc. But I'll save more of that for the track, as on the roads I'd like to say we were having safe fun and not being idiots to upset other road users. Saw hundreds of bikes, especially riding through Matlock Bath, plenty of Triumph's about, was grinning in my helmet when I saw those, plenty of GS's around too especially around the peaks. All in all was a great day and we only got caught in the rain for about 5 mins which wasn't too bad at all really :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    Oooff, MV F4, now that is sex of wheels, very cool indeed :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    So sexy it’s been sat under a blanket for the last 2 years since the Speed Triple RS arrived ...!

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    I totally agree. I used to do the Assen GP on the MV with a Small rucksack for 5 days. We stayed in a hotel which makes it somewhat simpler. I also speed tested the rucksack....an indicated 171 on the MV on the way back over the A7 motorway across the North Sea in Holland.....On the same subject of packing small. It has taken me 15 years to get my wife to fly with hand luggage only. Now she loves the freedom of it and feels she is backpacking :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    That's pretty quick - the A7 dyke doesn't cross the North Sea though. It connects the provinces of North Holland and Friesland, and at the same time forms a division between the IJsselmeer (the former Zuyderzee) and the Waddenzee, which is the sea between the mainland and the Wadden Isles. Outside of those begins the North Sea. It was built so as to make reclaiming large areas of the Zuyderzee possible.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    And this motorway has the biggest Seagulls known to man. .....and a funny crosswind. Just right for exercising a bike....NOT ! It’s an amazing piece of road and if the swing bridges come across at the right time you can filter to the front of the queue and have several miles of empty road to play with when the swing bridges go back into position ...! Empty apart from the gulls ....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Great roads around there mate and Matlock Bath used to be a haven for bikes

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    If you're lucky you'll get both gulls and mosquitos...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Oldskool

Oldskool Elite Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Hertfordshire
    Two of my favourite creatures together...ah. Just add some fecking wood pigeons into the mix and it’s my idea of hell. They can stay out there as long as they like coz there’s nothing there bar sea. Great photo !

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Not mine, this Vespa 125 in from 1954, bought new by my wife's uncle that passed away a few months ago. His grandson asked me if I can help to put the thing on wheel again in memory of his grandfather. Couldn't refuse, and to be honest quite proud he asked me to help him.
    The Vespa stayed untouched for the last 30 years. It is complete, worked before being stored. We began to work on yesterday evening, the engine is now out, ready to be cleaned and restarted.
    day1.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice project you have there......

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Not a scooter man myself, but good luck on the rebuild and let's see some pic's those early Vespa's command big money when complete.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    That's the plan. Make it reliable enough and just clean and protect as is. No fancy shiny paint planned. It's not a random 1954 Vespa, it has to remain his grandfather's one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Started my new weight loss programme today. Riding in town fully kitted up with an extra jacket on top of my textile one. Out of town the temp on the bike showed 41.5 just off the m25-m3 jct, and no, it wasn’t engine temp. Mostly 37-39 tho!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    Shine and drive

2015-09-06_10-41-05_123.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #540 Wessa, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    7CAD449B-23E6-4869-B8CD-0C59741B32F0.jpeg Out on the interceptor, got wet so stopped for a tea an buttie before heading for home

edit: bike was very dirty, but now it is now very clean

04C6F788-2E5D-4845-8979-37157F2A7A22.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
    • Useful Useful x 1