What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Here's hoping it warms up for the sake of your fingers!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #2442 Sandi T, Mar 17, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    I did a little ride on my Street Glide today and it just confirmed that my bars are now in just the right position and I love the Oberon levers. :) Now I feel even better and more confident on that big orange beast. :) The weather is divine right now--76ºF, sunny blue skies with some big puffy clouds, and no wind.

Mr. Sandi and I, along with a riding buddy and his wife, are heading to Cozumel tomorrow to do some scuba diving. I'm on spring break--one of the perks of working for a school system! I may not see you guys for a week or so but I may checking to see what's up at some point as I'll have international service on my phone. Have a great week!:kissing_heart:

I'm gonna look for this guy....
    Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 12.42.16 PM.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Ha6a great time Sandi:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Enjoy, Sandi - both the break and the even more perfect (for you) bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Apparently that car has been valued at £165k if anyones interested and it may soon be for sale:)

So that makes it about $200 thousand :worried: @Sandi T bargain :cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Have great trip @Sandi T be careful underwater :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Have a great time @Sandi T, we've got some great memories of Cozumel.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Fitted a new speed sensor to the Tuono, why is it the little things that seem to cost so much :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Sounds like you’re describing my ex-wife

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Due to some business duties in the city of Salzburg I took my Honda and did 330 km on it. The temperature in the early morning was about 6 degrees Celsius, but it will raise up to 18 degrees tomorrow when I ride home. I love the range on my Honda. After the arrival in Salzburg only via highways I had fuel for more then 50 km left.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    After two days of interesting weather capriciousness with temperatures from -3 to 20 degreees celsius within a few hours, sunshine, storm, rain, snowfall, blizzards the weather calmed down and I was able to ride to the office with my Honda again. Temperatures in the morning today -3. In the afternoon about 10. Tomorrow it will be about 8-10 degrees in the morning and about 18 in the afternoon.:p

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Our Sunday motorcycle group did a ride yesterday morning that we've not done as a group in a long time. It's a group favorite but we don't do it as regularly as some of our other routes because it makes for a longer day. On this day there were eight of us on six Harleys, one BMW, and one Suzuki. And seven guys and me. The lopsidedness of the men to women ratio seems to be the norm these days. Interestingly, all five of us going on this year's annual "Tour de Southwest" were on the ride. And all seven of us going to Sturgis 2023 were on the road. Actually, Sturgis is the same five as the June trip plus two more.

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 9.54.28 PM.png

I rode my Street Glide Special today because I knew we'd be spending part of the ride both down to Patagonia and back on the freeway going about 80mph. I'd debated about riding my Fat Boy but was glad I opted for the bigger bike because we had a lot of freeway on the way home and Mr. Sandi was riding like his hair was on fire to get home to the dog and let her out of her kennel! So we hit a "little bit" higher speeds from Rio Rico to Tucson. ;):joy: (Um, more like 90mph...)

IMG_4239.jpeg

IMG_4240.jpeg

IMG_4243.jpeg

It seems unreal that we're already under fire warnings because we had a wetter spring than normal. But everything is already brown and dry and the winds are whipping. :( The temperatures on this day, however, were wonderful, along with the ride! :D

IMG_4244.PNG

• Like Like x 12
  13. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Thanks for the great report! Please send me some degrees of your temperature.:D
    I hope nobody "saw" your speeding.;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    Taxed the blunder bus

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    And some for me too please!!!

image.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Did some minor maintenance on the GSXR today .

20230407_151008.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I went out for a quick 50 mile blast on the Fireblade this morning; first time I have ridden it on dry and warmer roads as the very act of purchasing it seemed to send the weather into miserable mode for months :laughing:.

I did one of my local favourite routes and had a fantastic time; I love this bike :heart:.

I called in at Dom’s Bike Stop before heading home as it has reopened for the year; the potholes have sadly got even worse and the gravel car park still needs careful negotiation…but it was still nice to call in. I even parked next to a much newer 'blade - mine looked much better, not that I am biased ;).

PXL_20230408_104410103.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  18. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    @Mrs Visor: Thanks for the emotional report ;):heart_eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I went out for about 80 miles on the Fireblade this afternoon; very light traffic indeed :). Bikerpics were shooting not too far away and it is a free downloads day for Honda owners so I thought I’d get a nice action shot or two. I did two passes; the first time I was leaving enough space from the car in front to get a nice photo which lead to the car following me tailgating, so I assume there will be a photo of me with a car up my chuff unless the photographer works some magic. The second pass I was following a Nissan Note who seemed unable to break 20mph round bends so I think there will be some shots of me very slowly making my way around the bend the photographer was on :laughing:. Never mind, they’ll be out taking photos all summer :). An enjoyable ride all the same; nice to be getting to know the bike better.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #2460 Eldon, Apr 9, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    A wander for a week around Scotland with my youngest, including a bit of walking and outdoor activities.

20230403_201300.jpg

20230407_203934.jpg

Screenshot_20230409_202331_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230409_202317_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 11