What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iron

Iron Elite Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Bob Ross Studios
    Just looked those part numbers up

Screenshot 2022-05-28 172010.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-28 171854.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-28 172118.jpg

Looks like we've got 'em all over here. :rolleyes: Maybe we should send them all back 'cause we need the change for the gas meter.....kin 'ell :no_mouth:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Again, thanks for schooling me on some of the more "esoteric" bike I run across, @Iron. I love learning about motorcycles and I hope you don't mind that I keep tapping into your expansive knowledge base. :):kissing_heart:

A good friend of Mr. Sandi's came exceedingly close to pulling the trigger on a Big Dog purchase at the Laughlin River Run probably 15 or so years back. I think to some degree he still regret not just going for it. :joy: Does Big Dog always use S & S motors?? I'm with you on that matt respray. But you're right, it's his and he loves it so it's awesome! Different tastes make the world a much more interesting place. ;):cool:

3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @Mrs Visor, I think YOU would be great to get to know...in person and to ride together. :) Too bad you and I live even farther apart than the Nightster woman and I do. Plus if that temperature of 102ºF doesn't scare you off but instead engenders envy, you and I would get along fantastically. :kissing_heart: You're right on the dealer hoping my parts come in. I'm becoming a nuisance. :joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #2124 Sandi T, May 29, 2022
    Last edited: May 29, 2022
    Yep, those are them, @Iron! If I look the parts up on www.harley-davidson.com, they show up but are listed as "Sold Out". The first time I saw that, I was more than a little concerned since I'd already paid for the ones I ordered. :eek: Our local dealership had a good sale back in early January--20% off on all H-D parts and all labor. I originally was going to move slowly on decking out El Gordo but figured with that sort of sale I'd just go ahead and buy then what I knew I'd buy eventually. Well, go figure. Who'd have thought anything would be backordered nearly a year?! I have been assured that if I was able to originally order the parts (and pay for them) that I'll eventually get them. But these days, who the heck knows? I already have the grips, shifter peg, and brake pedal from that collection (Empire) on my bike so I'd like to finish it off with the Empire mirrors and floorboards for continuity. And I'm really keen on getting the cruise control module. I've become very "spoiled" with having that feature on my bikes. I have it on my Street Glide Special and on my Speed Triple RS and use it quite frequently--most often to give my right hand, arm, and shoulder a shake out and a bit of a break.

But as I've come to say, this is all a "first world problem". No parts are AWOL that keep me from actually riding El Gordo! :)

Edit: Just did the pounds to dollars conversion on my parts. Yikes! They are WAY more expensive there than here! :scream:

5. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    You never know @Sandi T if our paths will cross one day!! Just don't get yourself arrested for harassment of the dealers :p.

• Love You Love You x 1
  6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think you may be right about never knowing if our paths will cross, @Mrs Visor! I do hope they do. :heart: And you know I mean right about our paths crossing.... NOT about getting myself arrested. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Sure this was a cactus .. looks like something that may be on it's way to help the Ukraine ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    On the "non Triumph" theme I watched a program tonight celebrating the Honda Fireblade's 30th birthday and I never realised! I've had 3 in the past, the first one a RRP in '93, a RRS in '95 in the sexy Urban Street Tiger colours and a RRV in '97. Pick your cliche with the Fireblade, "a game changer", "an Icon", "the benchmark" etc., added to the legendary Honda reliability there's little wonder they sold well. All 3 of mine got thrashed mercilessly and I never even had to change a light bulb on any of them. Superb machines!! :grinning:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Perhaps it was just cleverly disguised as a saguaro, @surlyone2. ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That would be an interesting show, i looked it up and its on again on the 2nd June on ITV4 at 11.40am :)

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Noted that Triumph have taken a page from Harley's book ... snapped front brake lever on the 509, $126.00 at the dealers ! ..... that I reckoned, down to Budget Spares with the lever and along their shelves, there we go, exact match .. but heavens above, the packet had Suzuki on it, and a lovely sticker that said $ 27.00 .... :eek::)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Some of Triumph's spares and accessory prices are eye watering. Small plastic Flyscreen for the Street Scribbler, £142 or £228 for a colour matched one, then the fixing bracket for it, £43. Alloy clutch and brake levers, £175 and you can get a virtually identical pair, minus the Triumph name, on ebay for £42. Rear luggage/parcel rack, £175 for a few bits of bent and welded tubing which is the main reason I made one! I blagged some "extras" on a cracking deal I got on my first one just after the first 2020 lockdown but the collective price of them bought seperately was almost £700!
    Mind you, in 2013 I needed a new rad on the ZZR, £650, now almost £800 and a painted side fairing panel £260!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    #2133 Mrs Visor, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
    I sometimes see one in the Street Tiger colours near to my workplace, it still draws lots of attention!! I would imagine it's fairly rare now?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    They command premium prices now in good original condition but many were written off including my '93 (don't ask:joy:) and others modded and messed about with. I'm often asked if I wish I'd still got one of my early 'Blades, well, not really 'cos if I had it would probably have done well over 300k miles by now! I've nothing against collectors but, personally, I can't see the point in buying a bike and sticking it in a glass case.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I agree they're there to be ridden. I have no idea whether this one has been messed with, I only ever see it passing me in traffic when I am in my car, so at least it is being ridden by it's current owner. I had a friend who owned a red / purple / white one when everyone else had a Ninja with matching green leathers!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Koko55

Koko55 First Class Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Dorset
    #2136 Koko55, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    received_674264030301309.jpeg Well I just bought this,for my daily commute to work. 250cc,70+mpg,and 85mph! 20220603_170239.jpg 20220603_170412.jpg And a new screen

• Like Like x 9
  17. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    Wish I still had this
    Blade 2.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  18. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Mate had a '69 Bonnie in the glass case (the aquarium .. haha) which was part of the bar, untouched, we went right over it, and pretty certain it's never had a spanner to it. White pebble floor, blue lights and so on. Pulled it out to use (a little) and put the '52/53 Ariel Sq 4 in it's place, the one year only light blue colour ... beautiful !! I reckon the same as you Pegs, but when you've got a collection, why not ? Nice to sit over them and have a beer.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    Decided to change out the stock cat exhaust on my old and faithful 2000 bmw R1100RT. Ordered the Dominator that is being shipped from Poland. Should take 2 week to deliver to the US. It doesn’t have a cat and weighs 30 lbs less. In the mean time i removed the CCP relay that takes the cat O2 sensor out of the loop. The result is an idle that is only 100 rpm higher at idle which is ok. The ecu just sees no cat/O2 sensor and riches up fueling a little. Can’t wait to get my hands dirty installing new muffler. It should sound more throaty and not like a hoover.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Martine

Martine Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Athens Georgia
    Yup, he's made it how he likes it and with what works for him. That's part of the fun with motorcycles is getting to make the bike your own, whether that's keeping it original stock or changing tons of stuff, and even changing your changes.

Along the same vein as seeing a bike earlier then later and being a bit dismayed: I test-rode a used T120 offered for sale in my town two years ago and then just saw it again with its new owner last week. When I rode it, it was a beautiful bike that had been obviously well cared for. I loved the ride and it was a fabulous deal with lots of extras. I didn't get it though because it was all black and that's not my preference and despite it being a great bike at a great price I didn't want to get it and have "bike envy" when I saw a Triumph more to my aesthetic. Anyway, fast forward to last week and I was dismayed to see the bike looking terrible...we guessed the new owner must keep it outside uncovered and takes no care to keep it up...sad. But he was super happy with the bike and rides it. So each to their own. I guess the new owner of "your" bike, Sandi, probably is enjoying it. Viva la difference.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1