What Have You Being Doing With Your Non-triumph Today?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by MrOrange, Sep 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Looks a beast with the pannier’s off :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    XR/TT500 frame :worried:

3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Nice try but think more Espanol?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Looks like a terrific day out for you and Mrs. D, Dougie! It's good to be able to adapt when our plans don't pan out, eh? Sometimes we find the best things when we weren't even looking for them. :) Good for you for having soup and toast and leaving the cake to your spouse. Did you at least have a taste (or two)?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Nope, not even a nibble!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Greywolf55

Greywolf55 Noble Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Duluth ,Ga
    80 F today ! Taking the Duc out for a Mountain run

springtime ride.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Good for you, Dougie! Did you refrain because you're trying to cut back. Or because Mrs D would have stabbed you with her fork for trying to pilfer some of her cake? ;):joy: Mr. Sandi has learned that if he wants dessert he should just go ahead and order his own. That said, I'm trying to be more generous about sharing some of my dessert if he doesn't order one. :heart:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Went for a ride round at the local RAF base at Odiham on the ZX10.
    All my muscles are regretting it now...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  9. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I rode El Gordo over to Tucson H-D today and 25% of my back-ordered parts are now installed on El Gordo. Here are the Before and After shots of my license plate bracket. No, I didn't scribble out my license plate number. I think I'm over that and can't quite imagine someone plotting some nefarious thieving scheme because they can read may plate number. I'm quite please with the new Kuryakyn vertical curved plate holder. What do you all think?

IMG_8568.jpeg

IMG_8570.jpeg

IMG_8585.jpeg

IMG_8586.jpeg

IMG_8587.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  10. Neal H

Neal H Active Member

Mar 7, 2021
    England
    Looks loads better, but is it actually legal?

11. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Racing did get interrupted at one point as they were testing one of their own vehicles..

20220423_115741.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Neal H. I think it looks much better, too. And it is technically legal although the language in the law is a little ambiguous. Basically it says that a vehicle license plate needs to be readable. I've talked to lots of guys who have been around motorcycles forever and the bottom line seems to be that a cop might hassle you if they don't like something you did or are feeling cranky that day. But instances of that seem extremely rare and mostly hearsay-- "well, I knew this one guy once who had his plate vertical and..."

I had my license plate set up vertically on my 2017 Low Rider S, too, and rode it that way for several years with no issues. So I think if I behave myself I should be ok. And at this point there are so few traffic cops out there at all around where live and it seems that at least 3 or 4 cars continue turning left against a red light that I can't imagine being stopped for something like my plate being vertical. There are certainly bigger and more dangerous traffic violations to attend to than El Gordo's new plate holder.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Lookng sooooooo good for a Harley :):)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #2054 Sandi T, Apr 24, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    Thanks, @Wessa! That means a lot to me coming from a discerning non-Harley guy such as yourself. ;):joy::kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. Marks

Marks New Member

Apr 15, 2022
    Campbelltown, SA, 5074
    Taking my Yamaha TRX out for a final run before the rego runs out and I take the positive lead off the battery and let it sit out the winter. I bought it new in 1999 and could never bring myself to part with it.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #2056 Sandi T, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    Although I'd planned to take Speedy on the Sunday group ride this weekend, I got a little lazy and opted for riding El Gordo since he was ready to roll after yesterdays trip to Tucson H-D. I also rationalized that yesterdays ride only amounted to 20 miles. ;):joy:

We had a nice turnout with eight folks showing up at our usual QuikTrip gas station. We agreed that it had been too long since we'd up to Oracle and the Patio Cafe so off we went to one of our favorite breakfast / lunch joints.
    IMG_8618.jpeg

IMG_8615.jpeg

We had a variety of motorcycle brands represented today including a Suzuki, a Yamaha, two BMW's, and four Harleys.
    Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 4.26.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 4.27.14 PM.png

The weather was absolutely beautiful! Just right for sitting outdoors....
    IMG_8619.PNG

IMG_8606.jpeg

I was planning on ordering a really healthy breakfast that I've had here before--the avocado toast with a side of fruit. But I'm not sure what the heck happened. When I opened my mouth to order my meal, out came "I'll have the Chili Relleno, please, with a side of home fried potatoes." :eek: My payback was that the chili was exceptionally spicy today. ;) I like spicy food but this was a wee bit much. :joy:
    IMG_8604 2.jpeg

After breakfast, two folks needed to ride back home. The remaining six of us added on what I call "The Webb Road Loop". It's a great road that rarely has any other vehicles on it, with twists and turns and hills and dales and big sweeping vistas. Its only downfall is that it's only about 20-ish miles long.

Back home I tucked El Gordo into the garage with 95 miles on my trip odometer. And I promised Speedy that he's next up in the ride queue for sure. :)

• Like Like x 12
  17. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I much prefer the new number plate holder @Sandi T, looks much tidier!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    So after work today decided to drop the forks out of the Armstrong to check the head bearings etc.

Ok, hands up who possess a 28mm socket wtf :rolleyes: ?

Yep, verniers out and definitely a 28mm socket required :confounded:

Now I have a pretty comprehensive workshop built up over the years, lathe, tig welder etc and all the usual including a ton of sockets and spanners but nothing TWENTY EIGHT mm's.
    I must have at least x4 27mm sockets in various guises and no imperial crossovers for this so lock the door and onto plan B.....
    :p

20220425_224845.jpg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  19. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Yesterday went out on the Tracer after getting over covid. Just a local twenty miles or so just to blow the cobwebs off.

Stopped for a latte and a nice bit of gooey chocolate and guinness cake at the Limekiln Cafe in Dobcross, Saddleworth.
    RideSaddleworth 003.jpg RideSaddleworth 005.jpg RideSaddleworth 007.jpg RideSaddleworth 008.jpg RideSaddleworth 013.jpg

The cafe is at the side of the Huddersfield Narrow Canal.
    I can vouch for the food as I have eaten here before.
    It is open Thur to Mon and might be included in your list @Octoberon .
    In fact it's not too far from you.

http://www.thelimekilncafe.com/

RideSaddleworth 015.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Chippy run to Arbroath tonight with Brother in law
    20220427_181354.jpg

• Like Like x 10