What Coolant Expansion Bottles You All Using

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by QuadumphUK, Jun 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Hi All
    Eventually going to put different seat unit on my bike and was wondering what replacement expansiontanks youare all using and Whats out there.
    Round one , 350ml, is one already have to see if fits and square one is another I like to bolt to side of engine and is 1litre ( bit big?) It also handily has a level on the side to check coolant levels. Is a litre too big ?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Not a great fan of the external level gauge, looks like a possible leave you stranded failure point, unless of course you can isolate it with valves.

Plastic tubing tends to discolour badly too

Too large an expansion tank will also extend warm up times in colder weather ........ what size is the original ?

3. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    I think standard under seat one is 500-750 ml ?

4. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    The Square on is just over £38 inc postage from China, on e-bay, Bless em they do some really good deals as long as your not in a hurry.Although the other one I bought took just over 10 days which I thought wasn`t bad from the Land Of The Rising Sun

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    I think I would try and stay with something closer to the STD size, volume wise and I like the square one, but, without the level gauge.

As rather warmish water exiting that tank could be a little exciting to say the least if you were taken by surprise :eek:

6. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    I have to say even though I already have the round one, the square one is looking alot better now and would bolt on side of cylinders where the fairing bracket used to be