What A Dick I Am

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, May 1, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Popped out for a quick ride on Edna today to go buy myself a Kriega bag.

Got home, thought I'd ride into garage as my backs a bit achy.

Normal process is stop, engine off, stand down, leg over

Oh no not today, dopey bollocks here pulls up swings his leg over and in-slow-mo I go careering through my neighbours wooden fence Edna laying on her side. Brain fart and just didn't put the side stand down, just jumped off.

Luckily my sons were at home and helped me right Edna, hardly any damage to either of us as it was a zero speed fall.

I know its just metal and rubber but I damaged my baby, what a prize plonker

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You daft twa......... Sorry repooh, just couldn't resist as I've been there and literally done that :p:p:p:p:p

• Like Like x 2
  3. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    I've done similar.... Picked a new bike up at the dealers once, pushed it off the stand, and away we went. Fortunately the mechanic was stood on the other side, and he, errr, absorbed the impact? :) no, he actually caught it before it went all the way.

So, bad enough you did it, but at least you didn't have witnesses who slagged you off for it ever after...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yep as i wrote here somewhere, done the same at Campbell's monument at Coniston water.

No harm done so no problem :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Ditto - I’m Spartacus!

6. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Lol, that sounds like Marquez at COTA this year. I didn’t half laarrfff! :grinning:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

As long as you are o.k , the bike can be fixed, I had a slight coming together a week and a half ago, I broke my toe and burnt a 10mm wide and 5mm deep hole in my inner thigh when my mates bike trapped me up against a bolt on my own exhaust, but all I was worried about was my Triumph, I have been hobbling about fitting a new radiator,foot peg and foot brake lever, now that's done I can worry about my leg lol.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    A prize twat resides in all of us mate...it would take too long to recount my cock ups.;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Well if we're sharing Captain Stupid tails, once when I was getting ready my R1500GS, I put my left foot down to steady meself, unfortunately I put my foot not on the path but in the flower bed. Which meant I started to go over more and more until the bike was fully down, I fell off the bike and through the neighbours hedge and wooden fence. I was so knotted up in the bastid stuff I couldn't get up !! Mrs Biglad had to drag me out.

Guess how much of a git I felt ?????? :mad::(:worried:: unamused:: unamused:: unamused:: unamused:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Feel better now I’m amongst fellow Dicks

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Top trumps for you biglad, I proper laughed out loud as I imagined your plight.
    Mine was a CB 1300 in Matlock Bath, your basic failure to put the stand down, fortunately my left kidney took the impact against the next bike avoiding a domino style callamity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Just don’t tell anyone else - this is just between all of us ok? Wouldn’t want the BMW or Harley riders forum to learn of this.

Cathartic isn’t it - this opening up and sharing...

• Like Like x 1
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Pulled up at a rally once on a CBR1000F with my nephew on the back (him at the IOM):)
    Fell off to the left down a ditch :eek:
    Funniest part was my nephew staying with it hands on the grab rail as if we were still riding :joy:
    Took about 10 of us to get it back up the slippery bank :sob:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Repooh,
    Yesterday started with a flat front tyre?? I pushed the Bonnie up the drive and left as normal to close the garage door.
    Over it went and scratched the new lever, barend and peg. :eek:Knocked my confidence for the day and felt numb.:sob:
    You are not alone, but knowing it happens to the best of us does help :p

• Like Like x 2
  15. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    I think a certain Tiglet, Mr Lovatt and Winglad will recall my numptiness last year in Germany when I decided to park my VStrom on my foot.
    Yes we’ve all been there.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Scrambled head

Scrambled head Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Sussex
    stopped at a set of lights, went to put foot down, jeans leg got caught on foot peg and over we wobbled to a heap on the ground.:mad:
    I blame the monkey brain in all of us, as Guy Martin says.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    Welcome to the club! Been there, done that too. I agree with Andys; reply about the two kinds of bikers. Anyway, I'm glad you are ok because the bike can be repaired a lot quicker than your ego.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep been there done that. Back in the day dropped my bandit trying to get it in the center stand.... plonker

• Like Like x 1
  19. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Well as they all say we've all been there, done that so don't feel bad about it.
    I was working on my Sprint 900,big top heavy bugger they are, ask anyone. It was on the sidestand and at the back of my garage so i rolled it forward and nearer the door and light, I was pushing it standing on the left hand side of the bike. I put it back on the aforementioned sidestand except it was halfway up and the bike started dropping over towards me. They just get to a certain point and there's no holding them don't they? I was half under the bike trapped against my tool cupboard with no one about. I tried to push the bike up a couple of times but no joy and was getting anxious as I imagined being stuck there all day. My strength, such as it is, was fading fast, I took a long hard breath and gave it everything I had, I just managed it and got the stand down pronto.
    I always double check now,lol. I never told the mrs, she would have said I was a silly old duffer ( I am ), and told me to get rid of the bike.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yes that does sound familiar Nikki :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    Im pretty sure i have never been so embarrassed in all my life......
    MOD1, I managed to bugger up the swerve demolished all the cones with my foot, i know its a fail. Back out of the compound, park outside the test centre building, so pissed off, i somehow decided to step off to the right. Feck knows why, my head was already in turmoil. Managed to drag the bike over with me as I got off.
    Now flustered beyond rational thought i set about trying to pick it up, the examiner looked at me and said witheringly (i'm of the mind he didn't mean it like that) "Leave it, your instructor can pick it up".
    I'm sure i was filed in his mind as "monumentally incompetent, will never make a biker"
    A set of windows in a building never looked so big as i know everyone sits in there watching people do their test, would be bikers, would be car drivers and all their associated instructors.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1