Tiger Sport What 660 Mods Have You Made?

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by DeepBlue, Aug 18, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Member

Jun 28, 2022
    US
    Aside from adding OEM accessories, I'm planning to upgrade the horn to a Denali split Soundbomb and a screen protector to reduce glare.

I'd love to repaint the grey bits of a red model black and red so that it would match a blue model but that's no small undertaking for a beginner.

What are you planning or have done?

2. JD_Lincs

JD_Lincs Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Here
    I take it you mean the instrument "screen"?

If so, a word of warning - I just bought a couple of screen protectors from ebay (it's a company that designs them for most bikes, not an ebay private seller) and they are impossible to fit due the severe conical (convex) shape of the perspex.

The material is fairly thick and they look like they would otherwsie do a good job, but it's not possible to get the fold out due to the shape you are trying to fit a flat protector over - too thick to use heat without risk.

I've yet to conact the seller as I only tried to fit them yesterday, but I can't see how it can be done and am assuming they were designed on a computer screen and not using the actual bike!

PS - the company is "Speedoangels"

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Member

Jun 28, 2022
    US
    Thanks for that. The company I'd found is Eazi-Grip after seeing an online video.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JD_Lincs

Aug 2, 2020
    Here
    I just got an email back from Speedoangels saying that the protector does fit and they sent me a photo that they say proves it - but I don't think the photo shows anything other than what I said - it doesn't fit. You can easily see the raised areas and uneven surface of the protector (note they haven't removed the blue backing in the photo). I've given up on this, though I will try to fit the second one in the pack before cutting my losses.

$_1.JPG

btw - please let us know how you get on if you try the Eazi-grip one.

5. JD_Lincs

Aug 2, 2020
    Here
    Added Grip Puppies as I was getting aching hands on every ride due to the small diameter of the heated grips.
    Work a treat and though it took a ride to get used to the larger grip size, I was soon comfy with them and more importantly no aches.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Member

Jun 28, 2022
    US
    I'm thinking of adding a pair of Denali D3 or D4 driving lights in yellow after being impressed by the visibility of a BMW 12xx with a pair of D4s at a distance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    I struggled with this on my TS660 too. I hadn’t initially noticed the raised/rib sections on the screen so if the film lips onto this it will keep lifting. I found the only way was to remove the blue backing to allow enough flex in the film to accommodate the curve/dome of the screen. Then I had to slide it around before working the water and bubbles out from the centre, whilst not dragging it out of place.
    The two side strips were equally tricky. Got there in the end without moving onto the second one.
    At least the blue backing is a vast improvement over earlier ones I’ve used. Still a tiresome job though.