What’s The Most Boring/crap Bike You Have Owned?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jet City, Jan 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baldrick174

Baldrick174 Active Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Boscastle, Cornwall
    That would have to be my old Honda CD125 Benly. Bullet proof bike but it looked boring, boring to ride and boring to look at. Sorry, no pics as it would have been boring!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    I don't mind an old 2 stroke, I had a couple of MZ 250's as work bikes one a Trophy with the leading link forks, the other a standard one and I must say they where very reliable and great for winter use with gaiters and fully enclosed chains,
    The Trophy had indicators at the end of the handlebars and where soon damaged after the first spill.
    Worst bike was an old BSA C15 it either started first kick or you where down to your underpants with sweat trying to kick it over.

a few MZ pic's [not mine]

MZ 250.jpg

mz-ts-250-classic-motorcycle-1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    My riding buddy likes to buy and ride unusual bikes and has been looking for a good MZ Trophy for a while now to add to his collection of about 28-30 bikes.
    I must say I’d have either of those, at the right price mind you :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    This was my little collection at the time. I so regret getting rid of my Divvy 900. It was the best touring bike I’ve ever owned.
    2A2B7C02-9F0F-4D6F-9647-C265103A591A.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    I must admit I would have another one today but the prices have sky rocketed, I can remember buying a second MZ trophy for spares for £35 changing days.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I think those days are long gone Don :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Now’t wrong with a Divvy 900 lass except that yours was spoiled with that sticker on its screen :laughing::laughing:;);)

• Like Like x 2
  8. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Still a big fan of Vallentino even now

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    You mean this Vallentino :eek:

upload_2020-4-12_13-21-13.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yes that one, was there another?? ;):cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Had loads of bikes inc. a couple of MZs (Supa 5 and ETZ 325) but most boring would have to be Hon*a CD175 - used for commuting and I swear I nearly fell asleep a few times riding it to work...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    [​IMG]

had dozens of these in my younger years, always given as gifts..... really uncomfortable ride and so hard to corner......

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Never had a boring/crap bike. All bikes are good it's just that some are better than others.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Jack Black

Jack Black Active Member

Apr 10, 2020
    Thailand
    In 1979 after resigning from the army, I owned a Yamaha SR500 for about a month. While it was a total disappointment, I should've test rode one first. My bad. It was soulless and the only bike I ever owned I truly regretted buying.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Triumphal385

Triumphal385 Active Member

Mar 23, 2020
    South East
    Worst for me, was a Moto Guzzi V50. I bought it, around 1993, from a guy I worked with. I think it was an old 'W' Reg, so circa 1981.

Broke down almost straight away, eventually found to be defective coils (had two). Had to push it about half a mile. Having paid for repair at a local bike shop, wasn't long until the speedo cable broke. I bought a new cable & replaced that myself. Within a month, the new cable broke, too. I replaced that & sold the bike. Also, not the bike's fault, but one lovely summer's day, turning left at slow speed, bike suddenly slipped over, near side down, resulting in a fractured left wrist, for me. Sunny, dry day, I was stunned as to why. There seemed to be no obvious reason. Turns out an HGV, which pulled out just prior to the junction, had been leaking diesel & I'd found a very recent, small splash of it. Small enough not to be picked out, but an effective lubricant on tyre tread. I'd noted the dripping HGV ahead in the minor road, as I began my turn, and whoosh! The guy who had sold me the bike, had seen it all. It wasn't a lucky bike, for me.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Ah, Guzzi V50s - loved mine, until it blew up!

Before then the list of electrical gremlins was too long to list.

But loved it when it was working - still look at them on ebay as a possible project :)

DS

• Like Like x 3
  17. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    Easy,A Brand new Africa Twin in 2018,not just the worst bike iv'e had the misfortune to own the worst iv'e ridden in 40 yrs,what a piece of shite,so many things wrong with it i would be here for the next 2hrs explaining them all,my last honda ever.

• Like Like x 3
  18. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Must admit, I’m personally not overly impressed with Mrs Freck’s 2019 VFR. Nowhere near as well built, or as sorted as Hondas used to feel.
    She likes it though so I’m saying nowt! :joy:

• Like Like x 2
  19. DavidBrownLaw

DavidBrownLaw Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2020
    Lawrence, Kansas

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    ducati xdiavel. Totally a friday afternoon 16:55 bike with shit dealers and total non-interest from all at ducati.
    Looked great though tbh.
    Still paying for it even though i fucked it off to a ducati dealer who didn’t know the main bearing shells were going (after 2 years 1 month) and 4k miles.
    nobbers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1