Featured Welcome Triumph Twin Power to the forum

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Rob, Apr 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Welcome to a new site sponsor - Triumph Twin Power.

Triumph Twin Power are dedicated to improving the performance of modern Triumph twin motorcycles with a unique range of fully tested quality products.

The team will have their own dedicated section here on the Forum to advertise their products and services to all forum members.

Cheers,
    Rob.

• Like Like x 5
  2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Welcome to them. Just bought a OBD cable couple of weeks ago as well from them.
    Quality cable and quick service as well.
    Now no doubt there will be a discount :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hogster

Hogster Active Member

May 12, 2016
    Devon
    Good crowd, all tuned up already though!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    I've had dealings with Mike at TTP when I had my Bonny and always found the products and service to be excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup my Thrux is all ttp'd up, on my 2nd TTP 3! Shame they don't do upgrades for people who have already got the map but you have to buy it at full price as it might have been upgraded

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I bought the SAI (air injection) removal kit for my Speedmaster from TTP last year. Seems to be a very good company with good customer service

7. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    I recently bought the Fire Starter Ignitor and bike runs much better than it did. Will definately get more parts from TTP, thanks Mike :))

8. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    Does anyone have any experience of if their maps will help with the snatchy throttle response from closed. Setting off from parked is really easy to stall and entering round abouts can be a night mare one minute your on over run as you approach and then as you make the slightest opening of the throttle it lunges forward.
    So america 2012 efi.
    Ais removed.
    O2 sensors removed.
    Short tors pipes with remap for short tors +10% from memory.
    Any suggestions (about the bike) appreciated.

Cheers
    Andy

9. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The throttle on my 2010 T100 had a snatchy throttle, until I removed the AI system, the O² sensors and installed TTP map No. 3.

After that all was silky smooth.

• Like Like x 2
  10. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have you reset your tps properly? Might be an idea to reload your map, if it's been dealer serviced they flash the map and put their own on, don't forget to copy the one that's on there before you do anything just in case

11. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    Thanks, I loaded the map when I changed the pipes. From memory (I'm going to have to remind myself )the tps was reading slightly out from is it 0.7v or something at idle. I'll have a read next week and get my laptop out. I have a copy saved of the original as you never know.

12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have you started the bike from cold, don't touch the throttle, and let it idle for 12 mins or so?

13. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    Yes I've tried that ,no change. Reading Google suggests that when the throttle is closed the fuel is cut and then when you open the throttle there is then a delay in the fuel getting back on, one work around suggested is is to reset the TPS to 0.7v at idle so that the ecu doesn't think that the throttle is closed so doesn't cut the fuel and hence doesn't snatch when the throttle is opened again. Half what I read says all bonneville engine have this issue and the other half seem to have done anywhere between loads of things and nothing to curd this issue.. if I could be sure of a cure or work round even at a small cost I'd be happy, but currently it's spoiling an otherwise enjoyable bike.
    Andy

14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Really sorry to hear it, I feel your angst, mine cleared up when I got rid of the SAI but you have obviously done this, maybe look at airbox and filter mod and go for TTP 4, TTP3 is for long pipes, or better still contact TTP and see what they say. To me it sounds like you have the wrong map

15. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    I think I'll plug in the laptop tomorrow and check tps voltage etc and then give ttp a call and see if they can offer any advice. If one of their tunes will solve my issues (well bike issues would be a start) then I guess it would be money well spent but I don't want to spend £100+ only to have the same issues that I have now.
    Andy

16. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Go on their web and have a look at their maps, it sounds as though your set up falls between 2. But then again if it was ok before maybe it's a cable adjustment thing, I've decided it couldn't be a cable thing but could it?

17. Andy_S

Andy_S Active Member

Jul 19, 2016
    Kingston upon Hull
    It's never been OK sadly. I swapped the pipes removed ais and o2 sensors loaded a new map adjusted the chain and throttle cables all in the hope of improving the on off nature of the throttle. I only bought the bike in August and did about 1500 miles before I stopped using it for the winter as I only go out on nice days, I've just got the mot done and I'm looking forward to getting out on it again but the few miles to the mot and back reminded me of the poor on off throttle. Previous to this I've had in line 4 cylinder bikes that had faultless fueling but tended to go quicker than I wanted to go with the blink of an eye. Hence I was hopeing the america would be a nice steady ride. My wife now comes out with me and other than the fueling it's all very pleasant. Hopefully I'll get there.
    Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. PieMan

PieMan Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Dorset, England
    Hi Guys,

thanks for the warm welcome.

If you need to speak to us about any of our products or services, it's best to email us from our site. I will be popping in to the forum and having a read from time to time, but if you want a quicker answer, email is best.

Regards

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  19. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    I've only ticked like because I admire your honest Andy not because I like or take any pleasure in your dilemma.
    I have a 2012 Bonnie EFI and it is exactly your type of experience that has put me off removing the air intakes, lambda sensors etc.
    Bike runs perfectly, bit of popping on deceleration, but I am a firm believer in leaving well alone.

20. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Andy
    You're bike sounds exactly like mine so I'll watch this with interest
    I have a speedmaster 865 efi
    I have short tors fitted by previous owner
    I removed SAI myself and fitted k&n air filter hoping that this would eliminate the on off throttle snatchiness
    It doesn't pop as much on over run but throttle snatchiness is the same
    Mini roundabouts and slow speed manoeuvres are making me feel like I'm learning how to ride all over again
    Like you it's spoiling what is otherwise a very good bike

• Like Like x 1