Wd 40 Against Acf50 Against Xcp Rust Blocker

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by H.O., Oct 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    After being at the Stafford show yesterday there was a stand demonstrating all three products at the same time. Now wasn't that a coincidence?

2. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Which one was he selling?
    I was at the Scotland boat show on Saturday and found 2 empty ACF cans laying about under cradled boats, must say some thing if its used for marine applications, must work, I didn't see 1 bit of rust on any of the fibre glass hulls or decks!:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Xcp stuff

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    and which one won??

5. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Looks like xcp although I didn't hang around long because I preference a pie!!

6. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    You might have seen this Bennetts Bike Social did a full review XCP Rust Blocker came out streets ahead.
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    How is wee smiley bollock face?

8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

@Dozers Dad
    JEZ!!!....you’re wanted :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #29 Pegscraper, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Resurrecting an old thread, I use a product called Corrosion Block, made by Lear Chemicals who also make ACF50. It's touted as a heavier duty version of ACF, good for saltwater marine use etc. It's available in aerosol like ACF but the cheapest way to buy it is in 1litre bottles or even 5 litre if your feeling flush. Buying it this way really needs a compressor and spray applicator as the supplied plastic spray bottles don't atomise the stuff for optimum aplication. I use it on the bikes and also my 4x4.
    On a loosely related point, in 1985 Joey and Robert Dunlop were on their way to the IOM TT from N. ireland on an old fishing boat when it hit rocks and sank. All the bikes were recovered, stripped completely and all metal parts washed in diesel to remove the saltwater, then petrol to remove the diesel. Years ago I used diesel to clean the drive chain, not sure about the modern stuff though and wether it would attack the O rings.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Agree 100%.

My GS gets done twice a year whether it needs another clean or not!

Not used it on the Daytona as that's just a summer toy :)

DS

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chataah22

Chataah22 New Member

Jun 5, 2023
    Madagascar
    Dear forum members,

I am in search of the best rust-proofing product to effectively treat my metal objects. Having used the product rust converter, I am wondering if there are other options that are more effective.

Today, I am reaching out to you to gather your recommendations. What are the most effective rust-proofing products you have used? Which ones would you recommend in terms of rust prevention and treatment?

Your experiences and advice would be greatly valued. Thank you in advance for your contribution!

Best regards,

12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    If you have not already read the thread from the beginning, there is loads of advice on products.

For me I use a mix of ACF50 and fs365. They are both good products providing really good protection. The ACF50 is a bit more resilient lasting longer than fs365.

13. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    To tackle existing rust the best option IMO is always to remove it completely back to bare clean metal and then prime and paint but not always practical without major dismanting/stripdowns. There are numerous rust "converters" that turn the rust into a sort of inert substrate which can then be painted. I've found the best one of these I've tried so far to be Aquasteel which not only converts the rust but also dries to leave a hard resin type coating which, apparently, can even be left unpainted. It was developed for oil rigs and other metal structures in marine enviroments.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. FRANZY65

FRANZY65 New Member

Dec 28, 2023
    Canada
    Bonjour à tous,

Y a t'il des personnes qui connaissent ce produit de vernis accélérateur de rouille pour métal que j'appliquerait sur le châssis de ma moto et aussi le cadre.
    Personnellement, j'ai utilisé ce produit mais le résultat ne m'a pas satisfait.
    J'aimerais donc savoir si vous avez des suggestions à me proposer pour obtenir un meilleur résultat
    Vos avis sur ce produit m'intéressent beaucoup.

15. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Je ne comprand pas. English please.

16. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #36 Pegscraper, Dec 29, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    Bonjour mon Ami.

Ce produit est formulé pour l'acier Corten, qui est largement utilisé pour la construction extérieure, l'architecture et les structures artistiques, etc. L'acier Corten est censé rouiller et former une barrière protectrice d'oxyde. Je ne l'utiliserais pas sur un cadre de moto. Il existe des produits plus adaptés pour transformer ou éliminer la rouille sur un cadre de vélo.

English......

This product is formulated for Corten steel, which is widely used for exterior construction, architecture and artistic structures, etc. Corten steel is supposed to rust and form a protective oxide barrier. I wouldn't use it on a motorcycle frame. There are more suitable products for converting or removing rust on a bike frame.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1