Waterproof Seat Cover

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by beerkat, Aug 14, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I'm off on a 1500 mile rally from Lands End to John O'G in 2 weeks, with 75 other riders, on my Street Twin. I want a waterproof seat cover for the inevitable rainy nights, so I don't have to use my only towel to dry it off. Yes I could use a plastic bag but an elasticated cover is much more convenient. There are a few out there but it's not clear if they'll fit.
    Anyone used one they can recommend?

2. GmanJeff

GmanJeff Member

Mar 30, 2020
    Virginia, USA
    Perhaps consider a half-cover for the entire bike? Protect not only the seat, but also the instruments, and most of the rest of the bike, while packing down smaller and weighing less than a full-size cover. Something like this: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cover-max-motorcycle-half-cover While this is a U.S. vendor, there surely are similar products available in the U.K.

3. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Thanks for that. I did consider a cover like that. It will probably come down to how much l can squeeze into the very limited luggage space. The bike is going to get wet anyway (Wales & Scotland are bound to live up to their reputations), l just wanted a dry seat in the mornings.