Featured Warranty claim

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Screwball, Apr 10, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Well I got a call today from my local dealer who i spoke to re my bar end issue...
    They have called triumph and i have a new set of bars to be fitted under Warranty....Saturday @ 2pm... result...

Good service from both dealer & Triumph... Very happy:smile:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Thats great service, probably should have gone back to the dealers when I had the same problem with the wife's bike which now has larger screws in the bar ends

3. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Nice one SB!!!:upyeah:

4. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I must admit both the dealer and Triumph were fantastic while the bike was still under warranty. Afterwards... not so good. :frown:

5. jonny

jonny Active Member

Mar 26, 2013
    sunny cheshire
    nice one :upyeah: think mine may be slightly out of warranty (only 21 years old, that's almost new for me :biggrin:)

• Like Like x 4
  6. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    Just to re-fresh, what was the issue with the bar ends? Mine came out when trying to fit R&G bar ends(coarse threaded internal jobbies)... threadlock on the part that came out for a couple of days and hey-presto the bar ends are fitted

• Like Like x 1
  7. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Same here... My problem was the screw was thread locked in...so I could not get them apart...
    Fixed it by heating the alloy screw up but managed to get it too hot and melted the thread...

All sorted now... Did not bother with warranty but they got me a new set of bars... In the end I said not too bother...

8. Explorer

Explorer Member

May 31, 2013
    Good result SB, which dealer was it ?

9. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #9 Screwball, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    It was Laguna Maidstone.. Didn't think I would be an issue as they replaced my mates street's bar as he had the same issue.

10. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Nice to hear of some good Dealer news usually all we hear is bad , Happy days :upyeah: