Warning! Nc 500 Crackdown

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Jun 9, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Royston Jones

Royston Jones Member
    Subscriber

Jul 2, 2020
    Strensall York
    Saw two unmarked police bikes on the Bridlington Road Friday gone. They seem to be everywhere. A fine way to gather revenue.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    They need to raise money to pay for their fuel :no_mouth:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i'm just in the process of making a route up over to the outer hebrides,getting the ferry from Oban to Barra and making my way up South uist,Benbecula,North uist,Harris & Lewis then getting the ferry over to Ullapool. i've never been before and no idea when i'll go but hopefully this year some time

• Like Like x 5
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    You camping or bnb?
    I've done Harris and Lewis so could give a few points of interest if wanted?

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    That would be great, I'll be taking Mrs D with me so it would be B&Bs or Hotels. how long did you spend on Harris and Lewis?

6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sorry mate, but when they stick a 40 mph restriction on a wonderful flowing road for no other reason than to make money, it ruins what was a cracking riding road to a road to be avoided. And yes we can all ride within the speed limits if we choose to.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Weighing my options atm might cancel my booking and go in the Autumn, plenty local roads just as good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    Less midges more rain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i think if you are going up the east to Thurso you should be ok, I'm guessing they will be concentrating on the west coast

• Like Like x 1
  10. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I really fancy doing that some time but whenever I look, the hotels/B&B seem to be in really short supply.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've noticed when you go on Google maps and zoom in you see B&Bs and hotels that are not listed on any of the Internet sites, I'm hoping getting one room shouldn't be a problem ,but I'll probably be leaving it to the last minute so the weather's ok, I'll maybe do a bit of research on it

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    As I used to be a local up there, I can say probably a few. Glad I was there previous to the current Nanny state. The only time I got pulled over was when I was riding home from Inverness on my pushbike without lights, I missed the Train to Tain. A few things to watch out for 1. Caravans stopping to see the view. 2 Foreigners on the wrong side of the road. 3. Adverse cambers. and of course wildlife. Though there aren't so many bunnies in the road since that new mysterious bunny liver disease.

13. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    Just a thought, What are all these traffic cops going to do once we have GPS tags fitted to all vehicles?

14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i hope that never happens, and they can keep those bike trackers that some folk use!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I did a full week on my own with a tent and couldn't have been luckier with the weather. I'll take a look at the map and post some screenshots of ideas.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Interesting topic and I have a question?

If you switch on Google timeline you can go back, in my case a few months and look at the routes you've done so it has it's benefits and uses ....
    However, when I was once doing this I got the wrong dates and was surprised to find it not only differentiated between cars and walking, which is pretty obvious how, but how would it know I was in a car for part of one journey and on a motorbike for the remainder?

:confused:

17. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    :rolleyes: Big Brother. :grinning:

18. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    That’s the way we done it in 2017. Make sure to head to Barra International Airport. Then nip over the dunes to the beautiful beach. The main road on South Harris up from Luskentyre (sp?) beach is like a race track with the created kitty litter (ok big stones) either side. Nae cairy oot on a Sunday mind, so the shops are busy with locals heaving out crates of beer lol.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jeffrey Conlon

Apr 4, 2018
    Wakefield
    A few years back was followed by a police Hyabusa, he was coming up behind us all fast then slow "egging us on" thanks we didnt bite.
    We didnt know he was plod until he peeled off, pissed off.

20. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Stumbled on this old topic...
    I've had similar, my suspicion is that the phone is Bluetooth connected to a bike specific hardware such as intercom, satnav or even bike?