Thruxton Waiting For The Plastic Conduit Parts

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Retired Phil, Jun 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    Dealer has order in for the recall on front wiring conduits. So, I did a little inspection of my own to see whats involved. 2 plastic conduits on both sides that apparently are too tight for the wires inside. Ok. Then noticed the front brake hose as it snakes around the lower part of the ignition barrel is really tight. The hose has a rubber sleeve and its rubbed thru to the actual brake hose. No damage yet. The TTR is 3 yrs old. Tired to pull the brake hose from where it disappears behind the left side of the gas tank but can’t get anymore length. So, for now zip tied the hose up a little higher where it snakes around the ignition barrel. Will be showing the dealer the issue when the recall parts come in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    My Thruxton S is booked in next Saturday for the recall, I’ll let you know what they do

3. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Get that looked at by the dealer as it’s part of the recall