Victory is finished

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by OnlySon, Jan 9, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Night rod has a totally different meaning at our house.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The full name of that model is actually Night Rod Special:eek::eek:

• Like Like x 2
  3. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Like it!

• Like Like x 2
  4. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    #24 MickEng, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    No problems Rod, it's good healthy pisstaking.
    When we were apprentices, all ages growing up together exploring life's new delights you quickly learnt to take the piss and have it taken,
    Anybody kicking off were targeted big style, they soon realised it was easier to laugh at themselves than run the gauntlet of abuse every day.
    Political correctness, stress in the workplace and tribunals have destroyed the very fabric of the working class hero and produced some right f***ing plonkers, totally incapable of having any fun.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OnlySon

OnlySon Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK

I was in Krazy Horse on Thursday. Here's the bit I didn't get. There was two bikes (Gunner and a Hammer) sold AFTER the news came that Victory were finished this week. Both went at full price with the `Sold - do not sit on this bike` sheet on them. Now that they're defunct they'll either sell fast or be discounted to get rid.
    The sales guy was really informative to be fair and he hinted at the idea that Polaris were only ever using the Victory brand as a stepping stone to fully acquiring Indian suggesting it was a platform to try out their hardware. I mean, the Octane really is a an Indian Scout when you see them side by side and even the prices are similar. How accurate that theory is though is anyone's guess.

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i imagine thier will be spares and after service from Polaris and the dealers for years to come,are you still looking to buy one or do you have something else in mind?

7. OnlySon

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK

Dougie they said they will still honour the 5 year warranty and parts will available for 10 years. Apparently. I still like them but getting a test ride now will be difficult if not nigh on impossible.

8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    next nearest dealer is Manchester:( could be worth phoning the English dealers and see if there is any special prices,might be worth a trip down south

9. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    If any one went near my bike with a tassel like that I swear I would kill them.
    As every one is saying its a pity they are killing the brand off again.
    Diavel's aren't really cruisers more a muscle bike. Last time I looked at one something like 150+ bhp.
    Look far better than any thing that HD do, unlike HD has modern technology in it so nope not a cruiser.
    My Thunderbird is nearer to a HD but has better suspension and brakes.
    Of the American bikes the Victory would have been the only one I would have considered but not now at any price unless extremely cheap ( couple of thousand max).
    They have now become pretty much a throwaway bike as resale values will plummet, due to lack of support/parts within it's usable lifetime.
    I would be surprised if Polaris will continue to make spare parts for very long.

10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The normal Diavel is a muscle bike ,the XDiavel with it's raked out front end and feet forward riding position was brought out by Ducati to compete with the Harley V-ROD, so yeah it's definatley a cruiser albiet a very powerful one!

11. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Haven't seen that one Dougie , will have to pop over to my local Ducati dealer and see if I can blag a test ride :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    best part of 20k:eek:! Beware taking a test ride from Ducati dealers,if they are the same as Ducati Glasgow the excess if you have an accident is over 1K!!

13. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Most test rides are now £500 - £1000 if you drop it!!! :eek:

14. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    That was short lived

15. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    I really wanted a Victory Hammer S or a Judge before the demise and although the attention from Polaris is with Indian, how long before they pull the plug on Indian because sales figures dont make enough dollar!! Then what happens to spares etc.

However, I do like this and well tempted but the wheels alone are over £3k :))))

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    They say spares for the Victorys will be available for at least 10 years..That Indian does look nice:)

17. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Great looking machine that,

• Like Like x 1
  18. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Looks very classy

19. OnlySon

Aug 23, 2016
    Scotland. UK
    #39 OnlySon, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Update.

Went to Wigan the last week and test rode a Victory. I couldn't get the stupid grin off my face even though I said I`d need time to think about it. I haven't been that well recently and had a bit of a health scare so thought "fuck it" and left a deposit on one. Probably one of the last 2017 registered Victory motorcycles. Sold the XJR1300 for the deposit money.

Sod resale, you only live once.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Good for you:) Remember and put some pics up in the other bike thread;)

• Like Like x 1