Vibration below 3000

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Speedy Trip 509, May 15, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Speedy Trip 509

Speedy Trip 509 New Member

Apr 7, 2014
    N Lincs
    As the title suggests I've noticed a vibration through the engine and bars at around 3000 rpm, is this a charateristic of the T509 or is there something that needs attention. Once it starts climbing in revs everything seems to smooth out, it also seems very jerky on and off the throttle which the dealer tells me is the primitive french fuel injection system. Any help suggestions welcome.

2. sgt d

sgt d New Member

May 15, 2014
    northants
    hi ya mines just the same iv been told there all like that

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    I like that Blame the French.

Makes sense to me :biggrin:

4. gazrepairs

gazrepairs New Member

May 14, 2014
    id say the first thing you need to do is get the balancing done with vacuum gauges, this will tell you when all is good to go. Then get it on tune e.c.u check for 3 throttle bodies for synchro Was the bike running good before this problem? what happened when this started ? Do you have tune ecu? do you have plug in lead for probs?

french prob my assss it should run smooooooooth all the way through the revs and through the revs..

Gaz

5. Speedy Trip 509

Speedy Trip 509 New Member

Apr 7, 2014
    N Lincs
    What am I balancing with vacuum gauges??? The triumph dealer told me I have non adjustable version throttle bodies. I've only had it 6 weeks and its only now I'm doing the miles and started noticing it. What is tune ecu is it a program or something?

6. PeteH

PeteH Active Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chester
    Vacuum gauge helps you set #2 and #3 throttles air flow to #1`s which is set and unadjustable (off the top of me ead) what year bike is it?
    Tune ECU is a free download program that can get you into all kinds of **** if you dont know what your doing, but great if you ask the right questions, it lets you re map the ECU....

7. Joe Bar

Joe Bar New Member

May 25, 2014
    In what condition is your chain, sprocket & chain ring. That can cause vibration if they are worn, badly lubricated or chain is tight.
    Good luck.