Ventura Luggage On 2018

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by markm3006, Apr 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. markm3006

markm3006 New Member

Has anyone fitted the Ventura system to their 2018 bikes yet ?

Any photo's ?

Keen to see how the Evotech tail tidy looks with the Ventura rack fitted.

Photo's of older models would be of interest too, Cheers :p

2. Ali G

Ali G Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Kirkcaldy
    C0423995-2049-4238-9BD3-30D10684A2D9.jpeg 0C146ECC-3F31-47CA-8F58-DDB05512F076.jpeg
    Hi here’s a couple of pictures of my 94 with an r&g tail tidy and the brackets for my Ventura rack. I canny see past the Ventura system.
    Ali

• Like Like x 2
  3. markm3006

markm3006 New Member

Cheers Ali, used Ventura gear myself for years, great system.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Herb

Herb New Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Lutterworth
    Hi Ali G.

Hoping you can help. I have the same setup as you with the R and G tail tidy. Did you have any problems fitting the ventura L arms?

I tried to install mine tonight, and the arms foul the indicator brackets by quite a lot. I can't see how I can get round this easily.

Appreciate your comments, and any close up pics you might care to share.

Jim.

5. Ali G

Ali G Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Kirkcaldy
    Hi Jim,
    I’ve recently sold my speed so I can’t check for you, but as far as I can remember it fitted with a bit of fiddling especially as I had the low can on. If I remember right with the standard cans the indicators touched the top of the cans, but the l brackets were fine.
    Hope this helps mate.

Ali

6. Herb

Herb New Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Lutterworth
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have the same scorpion exhaust that you had. I'll try again at the weekend and reinstall the tail tidy to make sure everything is as it should be.

7. sam triple

sam triple Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    please keep us updated as im looking to fit this system to my speedy

8. Herb

Herb New Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Lutterworth
    So, I got it to fit. The R and G tail tidy had been assembled with the indicator hangers below the plate. I changed this to above the plate, which gave me a couple of mm of clearance. I assembled everything loose first which gave a little wiggle room.

Here are some pics. For work, I use a topbox, so install the ventura top box rack which is pretty versatile. It looks ugly, but I can take it off to leave just the L arms for scratching. I also fit the rack for touring. I could reverse the rack, or top box, so plenty of options depending on whether you need the pillion or not.

With the rack reversed, I would have to remove the pillion cover to stop damage, but didn't for these photos.

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. sam triple

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    I’m presuming it’s bolted in one place to where the pillion foot resr are what about the one further back ,do you need to drill holes into the plastic under tray ?

10. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    If you mean the mount level with the stud on the cowl I think that’s about where the under seat cans mount to so no drilling required.

11. sam triple

Jul 11, 2018
    hampshire
    Ok cheers been looking on you tube but f all for speedy but on street triple says you need to drill holes in under tray ,that’s why I’m asking ,ta

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  12. Stu_70

Stu_70 New Member

Dec 16, 2020
    Amsterdam
    Hi, apologies for the spam (did look but didn't find definitive answer); has anyone fitted Ventura to their 1050RS (2018 -) with stock Arrows still fitted?

I have the old PF30 rack and it looks like its too wide, so as minimum I guess the new style one with the "adjustable" base pivots is needed.

If not, anyone used the Hepco and Becker sport rack which fits instead of the pillion seat?

Thanks!

13. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there, I can’t vouch for the hepco stuff but I certainly can for the sw motech rack on a speed rs as I have the same. It fits with the standard pipes but you do have to drill a couple of holes in the undertray. All simple tbh.
    Not quite the answer but it’s a good option.
    Ps , after a simple bit of internet looking, yes, it’ll work…

7CF61256-6317-468B-B1D0-F0038387B2E4.png

14. Stu_70

Stu_70 New Member

Dec 16, 2020
    Amsterdam
    #14 Stu_70, Nov 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    Many thanks, saw this too, still not found a single image of one on a later 1050RS with Arrows...

Also does it require the rack with the pivoting base feet?

SW-Motech is an option - I could probably also adapt a hoop so the Ventura bags work - not a fan of fugly brackets where I can avoid them mind.

Thanks.

15. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    They are no different than the Ventura ones. Bracket is under the seat and out of the way. The rails are the same and run along the bodywork.
    Way way stronger in fact as there’s the bracket under the seat (which isn’t on the Ventura ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stu_70

Stu_70 New Member

Dec 16, 2020
    Amsterdam
    #16 Stu_70, Nov 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    For sure, I read the installation instructions (which Ventura don't seems to share easily).

Think its clear enough which way to go, anyone interested in two Ventura bags...:joy::joy::cool: