Valuation, Advice

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by tapwasher, May 12, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tapwasher

tapwasher Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    #1 tapwasher, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    not using my 2015 thruxton 865 EFI much at all, as much as i like it ,it's not for me, it's covered only 6,300 mile's in total, i'm the only owner, it has a sump plate fitted and a 2 into 2 stainless steel ARROW exhaust system fitted, and the ignition key is situated in the centre of the clock's on a new speedo/rev counter bracket, i have all the ORIGINAL part's if required.it also has full service history, black with the gold stripe, i'm contemplating getting some thing with more power, not sure whether the P/X or sell it privately, i have another ride, a kawasaki GTR 1400, not in a great hurry to get rid as i've just taxed it for six month's, private sale what would you put it up for !!!! or what would you accept in P/X.

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I would suggest you get a quote from one of the we buy your bike sites for starting point, followed by searching autotrader for bikes and MCN to get an idea where the market is for your bike.
    If it were me I would part ex it to save on time wasters etc. You might get a few hundred more on a private sale, but for me I cannot be bothered with the hassle :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    As has been said look at Autotrader or eBay to get a rough idea of the price being asked for similar bikes.
    The other way would be to ask a local dealer if they are prepared to buy it in for cash. At the moment secondhand stocks are very low, due to the Covid crisis and the Ever Given recently blocking the Suez canal, so you might get a reasonable deal, the same thing however applies to whatever you are looking to buy, the price will be strong at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Agree with Wessa and samsgrandad. Try your local Triumph dealer and see what they'll offer.
    I had my Tiger serviced recently at Destination Triumph and they had barely any second hand Triumph bikes at all. They'd sold all their Tiger 900's and Tridents and all they had were a mixed bag of trade ins from a Ducati Monster to an Africa Twin. :cool:

• Informative Informative x 1