Unstable low speeds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Adamdaniels, Feb 27, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Adamdaniels

Adamdaniels Member

Feb 27, 2016
    London
    Yeah hopefully the custom map will sort that out, got high hopes considering the machines he is prepping for the British super bikes! I will post the before and after graphs when I collect

2. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Wish you the best with it.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Well I might see you down there, weather permitting!?!

4. Adamdaniels

Adamdaniels Member

Feb 27, 2016
    London
    That's the word I was looking for! Haha, not sure on timings yet but would be good to meet some members!

5. Adamdaniels

Adamdaniels Member

Feb 27, 2016
    London
    So, full service of the forks and all bearings changed what a difference !!

Power commander didn't work! Lost power so removed that and went with a K&N and custom remap and after 12 runs gained 8bhp lost the flat spots! Well happy.

Under tray tail tidy ordered, grey primer yellow paint being made up to the code and clear laquer, just got to find a good guide now as will be my first attempt !

• Like Like x 2
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Preparation and patience young Daniels, don't over paint, more of less than less of more![​IMG]

7. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Good, things are going well!
    It'll be nice if you post pics of the stuff you need to paint. Before pics, during pics and after including any *uckups as people always refer to other paint situations to guide themselves in which wY they're going. Ps pm me if you get stuck as I do it for a living!! ;):D:rolleyes:

8. Adamdaniels

Adamdaniels Member

Feb 27, 2016
    London
    Thank you for the offer, it's a plastic unpainted so first question is do I need to do anything prior to applying the primer and number of coats of each stage.

I was going to set up small make shift booth in the spare room, and ordered enough yellow if it goes well to repair the seat cowl!
    hanks

9. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Start with a good scotching in red or 240 onwards or wet n dry, followed by a good clean with thinners and a mist coat of plastic adhesion promoter for now.......

• Like Like x 1
  10. PETER CLARKE

PETER CLARKE Senior Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Essex
    Hi Tig I bet there is a lot of us watching this thread all useful info Tig

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tigcraft

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Thats the good thing about forums free advice, some not so good, some good DIY and some professional

• Like Like x 1