Unhelpfull Sellers

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Sep 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Just tried to get a little help from this company for a damaged fly screen they were selling. This was their answer. So i will take their advice and buy else where.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.
    New message from: triumphant20years (5,170)
    We have many thousands of returning customers from the last 25 years , but with the onslaught of eBay and the millions of worldwide faceless buyers we have no idea who buyers are , if you are not happy with a price of an item we are selling its very simple just buy off someone who is cheaper and more sympathetic to you , this is a new listing with a lot of interest , in a few months we may lower the price if not sold .
    Thank you for your interest though and good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Sounds like the type of seller that really cares (Not!). If they are fed up with selling it’s time they moved on to other things!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    To be fair...... that could have been done in Thailand by a tingtong:p:D:D

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    SmilinJack.
    I would have been happy with a couple of quid. Just I find people who just care about money and no passion for the bikes pathetic. There is another dealer on eBay and I can't remember their name will do anything within reason to help. And I don't know if anyone has spoke to Trevor from Sprint manufacturing. He would chase the world to find the right bit for you and you can just feel the passion he puts into making fellow riders happy with their purchase.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 3
  5. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    I always found Ivan at National Triumph really helpful. Maybe this is who you are thinking of.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    SliminJack
    Yes that's correct I ask them if it did not sell would they take an offer and yes or no would have sufficed. Pretty simple also if you don't like people with suntans or trying to get a deal for something that's already damaged then you're in the wrong job and time to look for something different.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    UNCORRUGATED.
    No never dealt with Nation Triumph. Think my Son did for his racing bikes and he also rates them.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Certainly a bit harsh Joe I have to agree. I purchase my odds and ends from one specific dealer and have been doing so for more than 10 years now, over the years they have kept a huge variety of stock but lately they only stock low end market items with very little variety. Despite this I still support them untill recently when I wanted to return something and they levied a 15% handling fee which I feel should have been waivered for the amount of business I give them. I didn't say anything and left it at that, coincidently right across the road is another bike shop that I've never been too and right there and then when I left the store I went across the road to see what the store has on offer. I was dumbstruck by their variety and friendlyness. They had probably more than 10 different helmet brands, oils and lubricants and a host of other parts and accessories. I actually commended them on their store I was that impressed. Guess where I will be going next time !

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    SmilinJack
    No I would not want to fall out either. And maybe it is me I am a yes or no person not a go somewhere else. Angus yes it is sometimes right to shop around. As I said on here people like Sprint Manufacturing Trevor try to move heaven and earth and has done for me. And he's polite and says I can or sorry I can't but only after trying. Not asking the world to change just show a little respect when ask a harmless question.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    When every shop/dealer can source and sell the same thing the only differentiator is service. You can forgive any supplier for mistakes that are rectified, shit happens but poor service drives customers away. Just look where Angus shops now!

• Like Like x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    XCaTeL.
    I don't really mind that they didn't want to take an offer if it didn't sell. I just did not like their way of replying where yes or no was good enough. I do consider my request was polite and we all need a little help sometimes. It just gets worse bills to pay prices going up and every one standing there with their hands out waiting to prize more money out of me and wages static. I have even considered selling the bikes and getting a push bike or electric bicycle. But I am wandering again. What part of Ireland do you Hail from. I was just over there in Portrush mending bridges with my Family nothing serious just I had not been in contact since the new year.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    The answer you received is probably a cut and paste reply.
    I have traded refurbished communications equipment on eBay for over 10 years.
    It does get very tiresome when item is on sale as a "Buy it now", and a interested party, sends a message offing 50% less, because they can buy it elsewhere etc etc.......
    Many I time I feel like replying......?????? grrrr:p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    Hi Joe

I'm actually English but born in Malta, my sister was born in the Yemen (wouldn't like to be there now) but have lived in Dublin/Kildare for over 20 years. Wife, kids and my Mother Irish. Same game all over, bills going up everywhere! Keep that bike, great to clear the head on a bad day, the electric bike won't do it for you!

• Like Like x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    XCaTel.
    You are a bit of a mix up then. Malta is fantastic. Was out there some time ago went to Gozo and the people were terrific. I don't think I paid for a meal all the time I was there. I was in a crowd of people one day and remarked think we are going to get some rain" They fell about laughing thought I was a comedian and when I looked around a little man said Son it doesn't rain here. He took us out on his boat fed us and welcomed us back to his home to show us his BSA A65. There were Brit bikes and cars everywhere I loved it. And maybe you are right I was just having a bad day. StippleMont. Yes perhaps. Just upset me a little as my late Wife came from the Vallie's and we used to go there all the time and were always welcome and again the people were terrific. Used to stay down in Porthcawl in a Family mobile home and never had to pay a penny just a bunch of flowers is all they would accept.
    Ride safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2