Ugh! Knee Injury Requires Forward Controls For T100

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DRW1001, Aug 13, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DRW1001

DRW1001 New Member

Aug 4, 2020
    NY
    A ruptured patella tendon leaves me with just 50 degrees range of motion. I cannot ride my T100 Black (2015) or R1200 GSA :( I found the Motorrat Burchard forward controls (https://www.motorrad-burchard.de/en...forward-for-triumph-bonneville-t100-abe?c=314) - and they are expensive!! Has anyone mated the forward controls for a Bobber to a T100 (https://shop.triumphcleveland.com/store/Bonneville-Bobber-Forward-Controls-Kit-p125476828)? I'm really anxious to start riding again, it's been 3 surgeries and a year since the accident.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Sorry to hear about your accident and the long recovery time. Can’t help regarding the forward controls, but hopefully somebody will be able to help

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    How much!o_O any decent welder/fabricator should be able to either adapt the bobber kit to fit or just make the forward controls for you at much less than that price....can you not adapt the bobber kit yourself?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Hi and welcome, I am sure with a little fabrication they could be made to fit

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Have you considered using parts from a America or Speedmaster ? They are a mechanically related bike [same engine/trans] as the Bonnie. Just a thought. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DRW1001

DRW1001 New Member

Aug 4, 2020
    NY
    Hi JD. Thanks ! The Bonneville T100 (2014) is new to me. I found one with 725 miles on it - it is like new. I wonder what is more improtant? Enginer. frame? They just don't make a forward control kit for the T100 - but they do for the Bobber. I will check on the America and Speedmaster. If I am to fabricate something, I'd like to start with something as close as possible. What do you think?

7. DRW1001

DRW1001 New Member

Aug 4, 2020
    NY
    TU! Hopefully, I will be back to 90+ degrees range of motion in a year or so. At least I am now walking! I count my blessings :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #8 Wire-Wheels, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Triumph Bonneville America.JPG DRW: I am riding my America more and more as I get older. My knees, hips, and ankles are all showing a lot of wear and tear.[I am pushing 75]. All the Bonneville series shared many of the same parts. Engine, brakes especially. They shared as many parts as possible to keep production costs down. Among the air cooled bikes there is an early and a late version. Generally speaking, the EFI bikes are the late version while the carbureted bikes are the early version. Used parts for.these should be abundant and cheap. :)
    ...J.D.

I just added an old left side picture I found of my America as it was when I bought it. If you look close, you can see how they just brought a shift rod forward from the BONNIE transmission and moved the footpegs. This is how all Americas and Speedmasters were set up. That is not an add on.

• Like Like x 5