U.k. Bonneville

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Tom Gillam, Jul 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    A great buy. Those cases will clean up and you might even decide to re-lacquer. Any sign of performance mods?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Yes,there’s tor’s silencers,k&n air filter and the air induction or whatever you call it ,has been removed and bunged.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Under £3k seems very good value to me. I also have a silver 07 Bonneville, the cases can be polished up with not too much work.

IMG_20190724_172207460.jpg

As has already been said World Of Triumph are good for parts information: https://www.worldoftriumph.com/partscatalog/catalog/browse/catalog/triumphmc/modelid/3130/

Also worth checking wemoto.com https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/triumph/bonneville_800_up_to_e_no._211132/01-06 - they are often are cheaper than World Of Triumph, find the part number on the WOT site, then search by part number on wemoto ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Thanks for that,very similar except yours has the grey rocker covers and likewise engine base,but mine is black in both cases. If anybody has a suggestion regarding how to achieve that black textured finish,otherwise I’ll get them powder coated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Mr b I like your tail detail a bit different from the ususal, please let me know what that and the indicators are please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    The tail tidy was from squaredeal-ltd.co.uk, I think it is (or the same as) one of the Motone tail tidies: https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/t...r-mount-bracket-red-led-stop-tail-32520-p.asp

After getting the tail tidy I later decided I preferred a rear mudguard, but not the standard, so I modified the tail tidy to allow me to use a Motone polished mudguard: https://www.motone.co.uk/motorcycle...rear-mudguard-fender-polished-aluminium-p1738 - I have the matching polished front mudguard also.

The indicators are the British Customs Bullet turn signals, also from squaredeals: https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/t...nals-chrome-3-lens-colour-options-28164-p.asp

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Thanks Mr B
    Il have a look when I return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    May be a bit late to the party on this considering you've already bought your Triumph; but either a J or T within the frame number at 'digit' positon 11 of the frame number will denote assembly location.
    J is for Jacknell Rd ( Hinkley), T is for Thailand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Thanks kinjane,no, not too late,all appreciated thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tom Gillam
    Enjoy the new bike. Looks great to me.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Thanks Joe,I’ll try and do my best.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    I expect being a totally different model might be the reason for a new production line/manufacture/location code. My guess would be either Hinckley or Huangshan. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    The finish on my T120 wasn’t quite up to Huangshan standards so probably originated from Hinckley.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Hi there,
    I rode the bike back from London yesterday and was surprised at how lively she is,very different to the F800gs,no comparison.
    Just wanted to know what sort of mileage I should expect before switching to reserve?
    I’ll check the plugs and have bought a Haynes,but as the bike hasn’t done many miles in the last 8 years,an overhaul of the carbs may be on the cards as there’s something not quite right on tick over and de-acceleration.
    Other than that,first impressions are good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    This also my experience, I usually fill up every 100 miles, on a long run I have got to 120 miles, and I have very very rarely needed to switch to reserve.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Many thanks for your replies,
    As always a new machine is a new adventure with different questions to answer..
    Best regards,
    Tom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me if you can put the wider scrambler bars on a bonnie,without any problems with the cables etc.
    I’m trying to avoid unforeseen consequences,with the view to “creating” more of a rambler than a scrambler.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Ok,thanks HT,
    My bars are 710mm and I see the scrambler’s are 810 ish so maybe something slightly cut down from the scrambler width might work?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Hello,
    I’ve finally done the casings and oil change which has(in my opinion),improved the look.

4A410A97-3F1A-4755-BDA3-772E559E201D.jpeg

689F814E-C399-4432-ADC7-0B9B955D4A92.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. JerryBB

JerryBB Noble Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Wales
    as this thread was originally about where your bonnie was made, I found this on the rat forum, though I am not sure it makes it clear in every case

vin.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1