Two Bikes Collide

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sprinter, Aug 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I had a GS cut the corner on me last week. He was on a right hand bend, tyres on the white line, bike over it.

He was bloody close to me, too bloody close imho. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Very close to me and makes no obvious sense. The road is a succession of fast sweeping bends that taken too fast would put you on the opposite carriageway. For the most part you gave good forward visibility but some are totally blind.
    A tragedy that speculation does not explain.
    Conversely I had two frights yesterday to and from Murrayfield from impatient car drivers overtaking cyclists on blind bends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    ThTs a very sweeping statement

408C5B59-5E2E-4B1B-98D9-41ED47F1DACF.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Sweeping? The impatience was not mine and I was travelling at a speed that still enabled avoiding action with oncoming traffic in my lane. I learnt about the quick and the dead a few decades back......

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    It wasn’t a serious comment , but if you want to make it that way.
    We shouldn’t break any limit anytime for any reason and only do what the country says we should at all times and not argue against anyone who says different.

Is that ok?

7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Fine. I was more curious than offended. I have no reason to be defensive. Fatal mistakes are just that - fatal. None of us is immune from making them. We can only strive to lengthen the odds.

8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Look you can never remove the idiot or inadequate from a motorcycle or car or truck but shit happens that’s why it’s called shit!
    If we all become depressed because of someone else’s shit our lives are boloxed

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  11. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    I would be willing to guess 90% of the people who attempt to steer vehicles have no idea about target fixation. Drivers test are typically about regulations and totally ignore target fixation. Does target fixation occur in video games or simulators IDK. Just my 2 cents worth.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    #12 Havit, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Too hot

Too hot Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Costa del Clyde Scotchland
    There was another one further north at the weekend with three bikes involved! I will try to find a link!

14. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Let’s not it’s depressing go to what’s app for dead people

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Tim L

Tim L Active Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Norn Iron
    That was between Middleton-in-Teeside and Alston in the North Pennine area - I was turned round off that road, told that two guys had died. Its one of those roads used by guys in their Porsches, WRXs, even Lambos (saw one on the way down on Friday). Really bendy with a brilliant surface, but no room for error!

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    For a number of years during the TT race week it’s one way over the mountain.

Can’t remember if it’s the same during practice week.

17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    That really p!sses me off, on the bike and more in the car. Why drivers risk pulling out rather than slowing down begs believe. I blame it on the training or lack of it when thay are learning to drive and the fact that they just don't care as long as they don't have to slow down..

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Obviously not done the IAM course!

Take a right hander on the left of ur lane. Straighten the corner if it’s clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#19 Cyborgbot, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2019
    Actually there seem to be many Sunday bikers that give sensible ones a bad name.

Last Sunday I was repeatedly overtaken by members of the sports bike community who frankly didn’t give a stuff about anything, including their or other’s lives. Over taking across solid white lines on bends with on coming traffic that had to swerve...

Muppets!

I half expected to see one pass me in the opposite direction like bug juice on the front of a truck...

There must have been at most inches of clearance - if that.

• Agree Agree x 1