Tuneecu Or Dealertool

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by BladeRR8, Jan 27, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    I bled my ABS system last year using TuneECU but it didn't have an automatic time-out on the modulator, did you find the same?
    I mention this as the manual states the following -
    upload_2020-4-16_19-8-42.png upload_2020-4-16_19-9-30.png

I may have let mine run for 2 minutes before stopping and probably didn't wait the full 5mins between restarts, but the modulator didn't even get warm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe99

Joe99 Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Oxford-ish
    You will not be disappointed with DearlerTool the support is excellent & very simple to use. The only issue I’ve had is windows# is involved

Good choice

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MARK DOBSON

MARK DOBSON Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2019
    Houston TX
    great advise lads ,
    thanks mark

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Which of these software tools (or other?) is most suitable for a 2018 765rs?
    I'm thinking diagnostics, throttle body balancing etc.
    Looking at the tune ecu site it appears vehicles referenced are all pre 2016, what about later vehicles or have I missed something?

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I can't speak for Tune ECU but Dealertool does the things you mention, fault code reading, TB balancing, service reset etc. I just purchased another VIN key to use on the new 2022 Euro 5 SS after the old one got written off. I also installed it on an old laptop running 32bit W7 SP2 and it runs fine despite the OS not being supported by Dealertool. You cannot use it to tweak or remap your ECU though if that's what you have in mind.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Thanks @Pegscraper you told me just what I needed, no remapping intended as I like it how it is ;)

Can anyone add further comments on tune ecu's compatibility with later bikes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Works fine with my 2018 Speedmaster. Used it to balanced throttles, purge ABS an reset service interval. But my bike is listed as supported at https://tuneecu.fr/docs/_en/Basic_guide.html#Bikes

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yes that's the funny thing that I've come up against, for some reason the RS 765 isn't listed only the early 675R and RX. Because of this uncertainty, at the moment I'm favouring a dealer tool purchase over tune ecu but wonder if I'm missing a trick as I have a 675R as well and don't want to buy multiple licences.

Bizarrely the latest 1200 RS is listed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Looks like there is an engine map for RS 765 on the download page. Could well be TuneECU supports it.

Perhaps best to ask this question here again in a more visible way. E.g. a new thread in the Speed Triple or Technical Help section asking specific 'Does TuneECU work with RS 765?' Or perhaps better, ask on TuneECU's forum or Facebook group, linked from the TuneECU site.

I believe with standard TuneECU licence you can have up to 5 bikes registered, I don't about Dealertool.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    You can only register one bike with Dealertool on the standard license.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I've used Tuneecu on my 2020 765 RS and it seems to work ok.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    You can get Dealertool with an unrestricted VIN key with no limit on the number of bikes but it's an extra £139 over the "standard" one key version. Extra individual VIN keys are £25 so just do the maths if you have several Triumphs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Is that, works ok for throttle body balancing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    No idea, I've only really used it to check a few things so it does interface ok but not used it for Throttle body balancing so far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1