Tt 2023

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Iceman, Mar 4, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
  3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Ah but he has to beat John's tally first before his Uncle Joey, it's harder these days as there are no 125 or 250 races, not to mention the 50s, when you think of Molly's sidecar record it could be argued that he is the most successful TT rider, due to a maximum of 2 races during the fortnight some years only 1 race ran, if only the organisers had ran one race with 600s and one for the 1000s, how many TT wins could have been achieved, gosh it takes me back to the 700, 750 etc 2 stroke engine powered sidecars, I remember rebuilding a few Imp engines way back when. Will we ever see Hutchies 5 in a week equalled, who knows. I took the photo some years back at the NEC bike show. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

IMG_0197.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carl556

Carl556 Senior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Durham Uk
    Surely you can’t count 1 lap electric class trophies as TT wins lol ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Personally yes I do, at the 2019 TT John McGuinness set the fastest time through one of the various speed traps, a remarkable 176mph, it was Michael Rutter however that set a new lap record of just shy of 122mph as they both raced to the finish line, with Michael taking the win. Can you imagine manhandling a 250kg machine around 37.75 miles of a demanding road race at those speeds, it is not possible to complete 6 laps of the TT on a zero machine, even if the battery would hold a charge that long, the sheer physical effort required to race that amount of laps would see most if not all competitors carried off on stretchers to hospital due to sheer exhaustion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Yes but a race with half a dozen entrants and realistically one manufacturer with a chance of winning?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I remember the challenge riders faced with the bikes raced in the 1300 Production class in the 1989 TT. Bikes which tipped the scales at some 235-240Kg with the physical effort that entails at race speeds. The tragedies which befell that race are well known and led to the dropping of the class for several years. Tech has certainly moved on since then with bikes becoming smaller and lighter and big improvements in tyres, brakes and suspension but you can't defy physics and 250kg+ is a hell of a weight to hustle round a long, fast twisty road circuit, even if battery range did allow it.

• Like Like x 1