Trophy Trophy 900 Brakes

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by matt botterman, Aug 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. matt botterman

matt botterman Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    sussex
    I am looking for a little of the group knowledge on how to get my 900 trophy based cafe racer to stop a little quicker.

I spent some time on track recently and she did brilliantly but thinking forward to next year event I’d like to be able the brake harder.

Obviously I’ll give the lines a flush and fresh fluid but any recommendations on Pads for max power or even if alternate calipers fit - maybe from the 1200 which I assume would have stronger brakes?

Thanks all.

2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Depends on what you have fitted already Matt, If you're on std Front calipers I guess theyre 2 pot calipers with 296 mm discs from the age of the bike.

Probably a step up to Sintered pads HH or similar. This would also apply to all of the following .......

The next step up from there would be the 4 pot calipers and upgraded master cylinder ( 5/8" if I remember correctly ) fitted to the Trophy from 94 onwards, this will however mean a swap to the later 310 mm Discs as well.

The final step up with OE parts would be the 6 pot Alcon calipers plus you will need to upgrade to a better master cylinder ( not sure which as I've never done this ) . Be aware that this option has drawbacks some calipers ( the gold ones I think ) were only painted and can suffer from corrosion in the piston bores, whereas the Black calipers were plated inside the bores and corrode much less readily

This all leaves the rear brakes as they came from the factory as no changes were made to the rear of the T300 except when they went with the underslung caliper, which stayed as a 2 pot caliper throughout production.

I hope this helps ....

• Like Like x 2
  3. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Exactly as oldy am says. I'd rather have used black 4 pots than new gold ones.

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I've found that EBC HH sintered pads work very well on my Trident (std brakes with braided hoses). Certainly powerful enough for fully loaded two up touring.
    But .... I've never used them in anger on a track day, which could be a totally different kettle of fish!
    Someone will know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. matt botterman

matt botterman Active Member

Feb 4, 2016
    sussex
    Thanks all

Sounds like the 4 pots with better pads are the option I really want then!

Best start some ebay stalking!!

• Like Like x 2