Featured Trophy 1200 Streetfighter

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Baskey13, May 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baskey13

Baskey13 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I'll check the unit when I get up. Ca t find the email with the details on at the min from when I got it. Its defo one of the koso unit's tho.

2. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Yes definately Koso I`ve seen it on e-bay. Seems a nice little unit. Just wondering whether is best just to buy the chrome tacho version of mine to match speedo. They are very well made. Nice and small aswell.

3. Baskey13

May 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yeah that'd look nice. I've been really happy with it as a unit. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to get the indicator to flash on it. Currently they stay a solid colour but due to how bright the l.e.d.s are it isn't a problem.
    I like seeing different sized clocks too, seen some where they use a chrome clock with a smaller black one for example. Good piece of kit tho, defo recommend. Decent price too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Just been looking through your build/resto Baskey ... thanks, you've sparked me to do something with the crashed 2000, 1200 Trophy that's been laying about for (blushes) .. a long time !
    Will stare at it some more tomorrow .. haha.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Baskey13

May 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Lol. Nice one.

Look forward to seeing what you do with yours.

If I can help at all just drop me a message. Some easy ways to do stuff. Wiring for example, you can move all the harness without cutting it anywhere to make it look neater.

There's still bits I would like to do to mine but I'd have to sell organs etc...

• Like Like x 1
  6. surlyone2

surlyone2 Active Member

Mar 29, 2022
    New Zealand
    Thanks mate .. I'm into easy (and cheap) haha .. true ! Wiring .. no problem, magneto off Mercury outboard cures a lot of those problems ... but always open to others ideas ! It pays to remember that everything has been done in the past by some clever person ... I've got a great photo of the Wright brothers first flight.

• Like Like x 1
  7. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Any miles done yet ? Pics of the finished bike ?

8. Baskey13

May 19, 2019
    United Kingdom

Hey up... Sorry for delay... Yes it's done, for now... How's yours coming on... Here's a couple of pics. 1st ones just put and about and the other is one my mate did as he's trying to get into automotive photography so excuse the cheese factor...

9. Baskey13

May 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    All ready for MOT and even baffled the cans this time :cool::cool::cool:

IMG_20220425_102611.jpg

Screenshot_20220923-181059~2.png

PXL_20220614_092814820.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Not going to finish it now. probably going to sort my tools and then sell the old girl as part finished and garage contents. Got to bogged down with other stuff and garage so full can`t really move in there. I fully intend getting another Triumph a bit further down the road, just need to get things sorted. All good fun though and your bike looks excellent. Be fun in the sun

• Like Like x 1
  11. Baskey13

May 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks. Shame about yours though. Always liked it. Moth ball the old beast o_O.

Hoping to get down to the triumph factory at some point. Be a nice ride out taking it back there. Some little mods I still want to do but I want to get some miles done first then go from there. :cool:

12. Baskey13

May 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks. Shame about yours though. Always liked it. Moth ball the old beast o_O.

Hoping to get down to the triumph factory at some point. Be a nice ride out taking it back there. Some little mods I still want to do but I want to get some miles done first then go from there. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. QuadumphUK

QuadumphUK Noble Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Boscombe
    Moth ball it ?
    Moth ball it. It`s been off road over 4 years now, I think. It`ll be an antique by time I do it :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1