Trophy 12.15 Se 2014 Abs Bleed / Service

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gareth sheasby, May 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gareth sheasby

gareth sheasby New Member

May 20, 2019
    cannock
    Hi as a newbie I have tried to find a link to this question but cant find one, my first time with a trophy ABS bleed, I had a caliper pot pop out on me when servicing the front breaks so need to fill and bleed the abs, I have stripped the shell and have done an abs on a GS so know a bit... my question is to anyone can it be done in my garage (DIY) without dealership pc being connected etc.. and will I have to fully remove the tank and battery... thanks in advanced for any replies... Gazza

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Bleed as normal will get the job done.

3. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    You can bleed as normal if no air has got in the system, however popping a piston means it needs to be bleed via the modulator hence to be sure needs to be done via software.

4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Remove the caliper and get it as high as possible, higher than the abs unit if poss then bleed using a suitable thin piece of metal (a spanner would do) to replace the disc. If the air hasn’t travelled up into the abs unit that should get all the air out. If you are unlucky and the air has gone up into the abs then it’s a full bleed activating the abs unit via pc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    I popped a piston on my Sprint GT ABS and got away with it.

• Like Like x 1